Opportunity ID 16192
Degree Non Degree Program/Certificate
Language Requirement Not Required
Opportunity Type : Fully Funded
This course is a part of educational courses on Coursera which is designed for teachers and tutors to learn why some children have so much problem in reading and writing, often called ‘dyslexia’, and to learn more about best practice in teaching literacy to all in light of recent scientific studies.
Course offered by: Coursera Platform_ University of London, UCL Institute of Technology & Dyslexia and Literacy International
Topic: Child Education
Language: English (subtitles in other languages)
Learning mode: Online
Length: approx. 19 hours to finish
Start time: As per your schedule (flexible)
By taking this course, you will:
- Be enabled to identify children’s difficulties with reading and writing
- Find out more about what methods and practices to apply to teach children more effectively
This course consists of six week content breakdown as:
· Week 1: An overview
· Week 2: Definitions and identification of dyslexia
· Week 3: ‘Co-morbidity’, and psychological and social aspects
· Week 4: Practical teaching approaches Part 1
· Week 5: Practical teaching approaches Part 2
· Week 6: Study skills, aids and accommodations
For more information, please see the Resource/enrolment page in this course.
You will have these opportunities during this course:
- Earning a certificate upon completion recognizing your achievements of the course
- 100% online _ you can start instantly and learn at your own schedule
- Course videos and readings
How to apply?
Interested learners can apply very easily for this course and get the course started now just by enrolling below.