Opportunity ID 16270
Degree Non Degree Program/Certificate
Language Requirement Not Required
Fields of study medical
Opportunity Type : Fully Funded
The University of Pennsylvania and Dr. Martin E.P. Seligman welcome you to Foundations of Positive Psychology series. This five-course specialization is designed to teach you the key theories and research in the sphere of positive psychology as well as opportunities for application.
Course topics include:
· Positive Psychology: Martin E.P. Seligman’s Visionary Science with Dr. Martin E.P. Seligman
· Positive Psychology: Applications and Interventions with Dr. James Pawelski
· Positive Psychology: Character, Grit and Research Methods with Dr. Angela Duckworth & Dr. Claire Robertson-Kraft
· Positive Psychology: Resilience Skills with Dr. Karen Reivich
· Positive Psychology Specialization Project with Dr. Martin E.P. Seligman
Offered by: Coursera _ University of Pennsylvania
Topic: Foundations of Positive Psychology
Language: English (subtitles available in other languages)
Duration: Almost 5 months to complete (4 hours/week)
Start date: flexible deadline
After completing this course you will learn to:
- Master strategies and tools that empower individuals and organizations to thrive.
- Find out key theories and research in the area of positive psychology as well as opportunities for application.
- Apply key concepts from Positive Psychology to your personal and professional life.
- Realize the scientific foundations of Positive Psychology
Applied learning project
Learners develop and justify minor positive interventions to foster specific aspects of their personal wellbeing based on the skills gained in each course of the specialization. Personal reflections implemented provide learners with the skills to influence their personal and professional lives.
A Coursera Specialization is a series of courses that is helps you build a skill. To start, enroll in the Specialization directly, or review its courses and select the one you’d like to start with. While you subscribe to a course that is part of a Specialization, you’re automatically subscribed to the full Specialization. It’s okay to finish just one course out of all five — you can pause your learning or end your subscription at any time (details found on main page).
Every Specialization consists of a hands-on project. You’ll be required to successfully finish the project(s) to complete the Specialization and earn your completion certificate. If the Specialization comprises a separate course for the hands-on project, you’ll need to complete each of the other courses before you can start it.
Earn Your Certificate
When you finish every course and complete the hands-on project, you’ll receive a Certificate that you can share with potential employers and your professional network.
As said, this series includes five interdependent courses which you can either take separately or together. But completing all together is very useful. Each course has varying length with the entire series designed for 5 months.
Course 1: Positive Psychology: Martin E. P. Seligman’s Visionary Science
Course 2: Positive Psychology: Applications and Interventions
Course 3: Positive Psychology: Character, Grit and Research Methods
Course 4: Positive Psychology: Resilience Skills
Course 5: Positive Psychology Specialization Project: Design Your Life for Well-being
More details, syllabus and link of each course can be found on the main enrolment page through link below.
Skills you will gain
- Goal setting
- Research Methodology
- Character Strengths And Virtues
- Positive Education
- Positive Psychology
- Earning a sharable certificate upon completion
- 100% online _ you can learn at your own schedule
- Level: Beginner (appropriate for all learners)
- Practice quizzes
- Graded assignments & quizzes with feedback
- Graded programming assignments
- Course videos and readings
How to apply?
Interested individuals can apply very easily for this specialization and get it started now just by completing an enrolment.