Language Requirement Not Required
Fields of study Social Sciences
Opportunity Type : Partially Funded
Duration 1 YEAR
Language of Instruction English
Opportunity ID 75791
Applications are open for The University of Pennsylvania Center for the Study of Ethnicity, Race, and Immigration (CSERI) post-doctoral fellowship in social sciences. The Center invites applications for a one-year postdoctoral research fellowship in the social sciences (with a likely renewal for a second year).
The CSERI Postdoctoral Research Fellow will help organize and participate in faculty/graduate student workshops, assist in the assessment of the progress of graduate students and undergraduates receiving research grants, and collaborate with CSERI faculty affiliates on research projects.
Application deadline: December 21, 2020
Host Institution: Center for the Study of Ethnicity, Race, and Immigration (CSERI), School of Arts and Sciences, the University of Pennsylvania
Duration: 1 year
Starting date: Is negotiable but should be no later than August 15, 2021
The fellowship benefits include:
- A stipend of $53,000 plus relevant fees and individual health insurance.
- It also provides $2,500 in research support, with the opportunity to apply for additional funding.
- Applicants who have received their Ph.D. or equivalent degrees in the social sciences in the last two years (not earlier than 2019), or who expect to complete their degree by July 2021 are welcome to apply.
- Applicants should possess skills with statistical analysis, qualitative software, GIS, experimental, and other approaches are desirable but not compulsory.
- And, strongly encourages applications from women, minorities, and underrepresented communities.
Selection and evaluation process
Review of applications will begin immediately after the submission deadline, and final notifications will come out by February 26, 2021.
This program values interdisciplinary research, cooperation, and collegiality and is committed to promoting a culturally diverse intellectual community. Hence, it seeks talented students from diverse backgrounds and values equal employment opportunities.
How to apply?
Applicants should submit their application and all required materials through the link below by the mentioned deadline.
Documents you need to provide:
- Cover Letter
- Title and Description of Proposed Research – Not exceeding 1,500 words.
- CV – Where you should elaborate on experience with both qualitative and quantitative research, experience with qualitative and statistical research software (e.g. R, STATA, ATLAS/TI, Dedoose, etc.). List other fellowships, funding and scholarships you have secured, and all publications.
- Writing Sample – An article or a synopsis of a book or dissertations chapter (25-page limit).
- Confidential Letters of Recommendation (two) – Referees should comment on your proposed project and to discuss your qualifications and experience as a researcher.
Read more details in the Official Link.