Opportunity ID 14239
Degree Non Degree Program/Certificate
Language Requirement Not Required
The FAO of the United Nations fellows program is designed to support and accept Ph.D. students, researchers, and professors with related work experience and knowledge related to the field of the organization. Applicants who are interested in contributing their technical expertise and specialized learning with FAO.
The Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations is leading international efforts to remove hunger and accompany improvement in member countries in the field of agriculture, fisheries, and forestry.
Deadline: 31 July 2020
Organization: FAO Regional, Sub-regional, Country Offices or Headquarters
Type of position: Non-employer opportunities
Grade level: N/A
Duration: not specified
Vacancy number: 2000126
CCOG Code: N/A
Job assignment: FAO strategic objective and UN sustainable development goals
- Must have a master or Ph.D. degree or currently enrolled in a Ph.D. degree
- Must know FAO languages (Arabic, Chinese, English, French, Russian or Spanish). Having FAO second language will be an advantage. Only LPE, ILE, and LRT certificate as language proof will be accepted.
- Applicants must have citizenship of one of FAO member countries.
- There is no age limitation
- Ability to engage with an international multicultural environment.
- Must have strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Applicants or their relatives such as brother, sister, mother, son, father, or daughter working or under any kind of contractual arrangement of FAO, are not able to apply.
- Applicants must obtain an appropriate residence or immigration status in the country of job assignment.
- Applicants must be supported by a sending or external entity.
- Focus on result
- Teamwork ability
- Strong communication skills
- Creating an excellent connection
- Knowledge sharing and developed continuously
- Related work or research experience in one of the organization field.
- Various kinds of assignments will be given to the applicants related to his/her profile and organization requirement.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Applicants are responsible for the accomplishment of the function specified in the Term of Reference (TOR).
- Applicants will be prepared before starting his/her duties by the hiring office.
- Provide reports for the assigned supervisor.
- Female applicants and nationals of non- and under-represented member nations, applicants from the global south, and Indigenous peoples are highly encouraged to take part.
- Successful applicants will be contacted for the interview by the hiring office.
- Applicants who hold their degrees from educational institutes recognized in the IAU/UNESCO list will be considered.
- Research proposal
- Copy of your academic certificate
- Language proficiency documents
- Online application form
How to apply:
Interested and qualified applicants can fill out the online application form
For further detail, kindly, have a look at the FAO official website
Visit Scholarship for Afghanistan website to access more and similar opportunities