Degree Non Degree Program/Certificate
Language Requirement Not Required
Language of Instruction English
Opportunity ID 26373
The Fetisov Journalism award is designed for international journalists and aims to promote human values such as honesty, justice, courage, and nobility worldwide. Moreover, the award objective is to help the winners to access greater visibility by publishing their works on the contest website and printed media. Finally, eligible journalists who meet the requirements can ask their organizations where they work to nominate them for the award. Additionally, they can nominate themselves individually too.
- Organized by: Fetisov Charitable Foundation
- Deadline: October 1, 2022
- Shortlist date: December 2022 to January 2023
- Result announcement date: Spring 2023
- Outstanding Contribution to Peace
- Contribution to Civil Rights
- Outstanding Investigative Reporting
- Excellence in Environmental Journalism
Amount of awards:
- The first winner: 100,000 CHF
- The second winner: 20,000 CHF
- The third winner: 10,000 CHF
- International and professional journalists who are representative of media and organizations and work as freelance journalists.
- Each organization or media can nominate up to three journalists.
- One entry from an individual is acceptable.
- Their nominations should be published in printed media, such as newspapers, magazines, journals, or media websites, from June 1, 2021, to May 31, 2022.
- Their publication should consist of about 20,000 words.
- Participants could not submit films, videos, and audio as separate peace of their works.
Note: only English submissions are allowed. Moreover, their size should not exceed 10MB and must be in PDF format.
- Online application form
- Personal information of the representative of a journalism organization, including first and last name, name of organization applicants working in, the country name that the organization registered their contact address like mobile number and email address.
- Publication of author’s personal information.
- Publication information such as title, media platform details, written language, the link of publication, a short explanation of nomination reasons.
When evaluating publications, the following standards are taken into consideration:
- Ensuring that the information is accurate and trustworthy;
- Independence: refraining from political bias and corporate influence;
- neutrality and equity;
- Humanity: how the values of equality, respect, and care for victims, minorities, and vulnerable groups are put into practice
- Transparency: the openness of the reporting process and the athors’ self-accountability
- Promotion of moral values
- A publication’s beneficial effects on the political, economic, or social climate in a specific region, nation, or world.
How to apply?
Nominate your candidates or yourself online
For further information about Fetisov Journalism Awards, please visit the award’s official website.
You may also like these opportunities:
- Wesleyan University Free Online Course on “Social Psychology”
- University of California Free Online Course on ‘Essentials of Entrepreneurship’
- KIPAJI Scholarship for Students of DAC Countries at the University of Twente
- Asia Pacific Leadership Program (APLP) Fellowship at East West Center – USA
- PhD Scholarships at Ghent University for Applicants from Developing Countries 2023