Opportunity ID 2154
VentureWell Entrepreneurship Grants
Are you a college or university member? Does your university or college start a new program or change an existence program for the sustainable design and technology and a grant to develop your program? If yes, then you can apply to VentureWell Faculty Grant.
VentureWell accepts application for special Spring Faculty Grant opportunity to support colleges and universities. You will get a grant of up to $30,000 to support your program.
According to a survey by The Lemelson Foundation about the state of “environmentally responsible” practices in higher education, many staff are interested to learn about the ways of combining sustainability with study courses. Via these funding, VentureWell promotes educational courses or programs in invention, innovation, and entrepreneurship working on technology solutions to real-world problems.
Faculty Grant details:
Grant amount: up to $30,000
Proposal Deadline: May 23, 2018- 11:59 pm Eastern Time
Result announcement: Early July 2018
Grant start date: July 1, 2018
Funds pay out: Summer 2018
Next deadline: TBD- Fall 2019
Proposal required on one the following:
- Climate change
- Cleantech/renewable energy innovation
- Green design: efficiency, materials selection
- Green chemistry
- Novel approaches to integration with materials science, biomedical engineering, or other disciplines
Who can apply?
Colleges and universities located in US as well as Faculty and staff from VentureWell-member colleges and universities are eligible to apply.
- Requested grants should not exceed from 30,000 dollars (2 or 3 years in duration)
- Two proposals from each institution will only be accepted.
- Proposals should be explicit and persuasive.
- Focuses on sustainable technology or design
- Innovative pedagogical methods to tackle problems.
- Create student teams focused on technology invention, innovation, and entrepreneurship with a positive social effect.
- Supports the most courageous student teams to pursue commercialization beyond the proposed course or program.
- A plan for continuation of the course or program
- A local partner must be identified, if the program is off-campus or the US
- A simple work plan explaining major achievements during the grant
- Proof of institutional support of your proposal
- 5 pages narrative explaining the existing programs, the gaps, the proposing idea and the desired outcomes?
- Background: if there is anything, what are your accomplishments? (one paragraph)
- Team and Partners: explain the role of each team member involved (1-2 short sentences)
- A Detailed Work Plan
- Expected Outcomes
- Proposed budget (must use the template available here )
- One support letter from the institution in support for your project, technical competence and market opportunity in the proposed work.
- Resumes: 4 resumes from the Principal Investigator and other key (Maximum 3 pages each)
How to apply:
You must make a VentureWell account to start your application. Complete the application and submit all the required documents through the VentureWell Community Portal.
For more information please contact Patricia Boynton, Grants Manager, at 413-587-2172 x115 or firstname.lastname@example.org