Opportunity ID 219156
Fields of study Various Fields
Opportunity Type : Partially Funded
Duration 2 Sesmester
Language of Instruction EnglishGerman
Are you a high-achieving student? Are you committed to your studies and wish to pursue higher education in top German universities? If yes, don’t stop to apply for the Deutschlandstipendium. Deutschlandstipendium is a German public-private partnership providing financial and non-material support to high-achieving students worldwide. Businesses, foundations, or private individuals sponsor the talented young students with a pledge of 150 euros per month. The Federal Government also added another 150 euros to support the students’ study in Germany. Three hundred euros per month is available for international top-class talent through Deutschlandstipendium.
Students can expect many more. Universities and private sponsors also offer the Deutschlandstipendium holders concurrent mentoring programs, networking events, and internships.
Regardless of personal or parental income and nationality, students can apply for this scheme and may receive the allocation to support their studies. Please note that these scholarship funds do not count towards Federal Training Assistance Act (BAföG) grants. There are no social insurance contributions payable.
Host Institution: German institutions of higher education
Level of Study: Bachelor’s and Master’s degree
Fields of Study: Any subject at German universities
Number of Scholarships: Not specified
Target group: Talented International Students
Application Deadline: Varies University Based
Duration of Funding: Two semesters extendable for the study period
Benefits and Scholarship Amount
Funding is normally available for a minimum period of 2 semesters but may be extended for a maximum time covering the standard study period. During the two semesters, the university assesses whether the student still fulfills the award criteria and whether private funding is available for the remaining study period. Generally, the students will benefit from the following components:
- Businesses, foundations, or private individuals’ funds: 150 euros per month
- The Federal Government fund: 150 euros
- Concurrent mentoring programs, networking events, and internships from universities and private sponsors
Applicants should meet these general criteria in addition to the university ones:
- There is no nationality restriction for applicants to apply for this scholarship
- Applicants should have excellent academic results
- Demonstrated civic engagement and personal achievements, such as a student overcoming challenges or obstacles in their social or family background
- The scholarship will be awarded without consideration of the personal or parental income of the students.
Who is Not Eligible?
The following students are not eligible to apply for the Deutschlandstipendium:
- Doctoral/PhD candidates
- Students at federal universities
- Students at administrative universities who, as employees in the public sector, receive candidate salaries or similar remuneration from public funds
How to Apply for Deutschlandstipendium?
The universities award the Deutschlandstipendium to the students. Students with any nationality can apply directly to their university. The universities arrange the selection process, select the eligible applicants, and approach potential sponsors with financial assistance from the Federal Government. Please note that the application deadline varies and is university-dependent.
Check More Scholarships: