Language Requirement TOEFLIELTSHSK(Chinese)
Opportunity Type : Fully Funded
Language of Instruction EnglishChinese
Opportunity ID 12789
The Chinese Government Scholarship, _Chinese University Program, is a fully-funded scholarship planned by the Chinese Ministry of Education to support Chinese universities to accept remarkable international students for graduate studies at Wuhan University in China.
Wuhan University is one of the leading universities designated to run this program and to attract graduate students at Masters and Doctoral levels.
Level of study: Master’s and PhD
Application round: January 1st to March 31st, 2021
Duration: Three years for Master and four years for doctoral students (covering both major studies and Chinese language predatory course)
Medium of Instruction: students can register for both English-medium and Chinese-medium programs (if applicable).
Master and PHD
- Biology(Including all Ph.D. majors), Chinese
- Clinical Medicine, Master Chinese/English, PhD: Chinese
- Global Health( Including all master’s and Ph.D. majors), Chinese
- Chemistry( Including all Ph.D. majors), English
- Electrical Engineering, English/Chinese
- Cartography and Geographical Information System, Chinese
Fields in humanities:
- Science of Environment and Natural Resources Protection Law, PhD only, English
- Regional Economy Studies (PhD only, English taught)
- International Relations (master degree, Chinese)
- International Politics ( Master Degree, Chinese)
- International Business (Master, English)
- Journalism and Communication (Master, English)
- Philosophy (master and PhD, Chinese )
- Linguistics and Applied Linguistics ( master and PhD, Chinese)
- Chinese Philology ( master and PhD, Chinese)
- E-Commerce( Master, English/Chinese)
- International Law(Water Law) Master and PHD, English, Chinese
- History ( master & PhD , Chinese)
Who are eligible?
- Applicants of Master’s degrees should be aged less than 35 years and should have a bachelor’s degree.
3 Doctoral applicants should be aged less than 40 years old and possess a master’s degree
- Applicants for programs offered in Chinese should have at least an HSK level 4 certificate (Chinese Language proficiency Test) while applying. Applicants meeting level 5 of HSK or above can directly apply to major studies, and those who don’t achieve level 5 of HSK can apply for a 1-year Chinese language preparatory course and then move on accordingly.
- Chinese-speaking applicants or those who can provide proof of studying at a previous Chinese institution having Chinese as a teaching language can apply for HSK test waiver for further acceptance of Wuhan University.
- Applicants wishing to apply for programs offered in English have to provide English proficiency test scores, TOEFL requires 80 and IELTS5. For those who cannot present evidence of the aforementioned test results can provide proof of studying at a previous institution having been taught in English, and therefore they will need to take an additional oral or written English test given by Wuhan University.
- Native English-speaking candidates are exempted from exhibiting the above English proficiency proofs.
- Applicants of clinical medicine graduate programs taught in English need to have HSK Level four or higher certificate, and those applicants who do not meet HSK Level four can apply to take Chinese language training courses for one year.
- Applicants not having received other scholarships for new students.
Benefits of the scholarship:
- Tuition fees and application fee covered;
- Free accommodation is given;
- Living grant: (PhD 3500 RMB/month, master’s 3000RMB/month);
- Broad medical insurance;
- International travel costs: self-sponsored;
Note: Application submitted after the deadline of April 20th will not be accepted. The Pre-admission Name List of the program will be published on Wuhan University website by the end of May 2021.
Notification of result
The final result of scholarship awardees will be announced by the end of July , and the official admission documents will be delivered accordingly.
- First, fill the online application for CSC Scholarship, the Wuhan University’s code is 10486. Please select Program Category—“type B” which refers to scholarship programs undertaken by Chinese universities under the Chinese Government Scholarship – Chinese University Program. After that, download and print a hard copy of the form named “Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarship” after you complete it.
- Secondly, submit your online application at Wuhan University
Do not forget to choose funding sources — Chinese Government Program, then submit online the completed “Application Form for International applicants of Wuhan University” and other necessary application documents as listed below:
Required application documents
- Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarship (filled in Chinese or English).
- ‘Application Form for International Scholars and Students of Wuhan University’ (filled in Chinese or English).
- Officially signed and stamped diploma and degree transcripts (the original and copy of each one). Expected diploma recipients at both levels should submit a formal pre-graduation certificate and transcript issued by your current school. Documents that are not in English or Chinese should have been translated into Chinese or English.
- Study plan (written in English or Chinese); world limit: 800 words.
- Two recommendation letters either from your university professors, in Chinese or English.
- Scanned copy of valid passport (including personal information page, the validity of passport has to be at least until Dec. 31th, 2021)
- Copy of Foreigner Physical Examination Form, filled out in English or Chinese, can be downloaded from here. The Physical examinations must have all the items listed in the Form.
- Acceptance letter from the professor of Wuhan University (if available).
- There is no application fee for the application to this scholarship therefore applications should be directly submitted to Wuhan University.
- An incomplete application document or incorrect Wuhan University code information will not be accepted. Please assure yourself that accurate and complete information is provided.
- Applicants do not need to send us hard copies of application documents. Only those applicants who have passed the initial assessment of the university and are informed by our email notice around May 10th need to submit all application documents.
- About your application status and progress, please visit our website for the latest information.
5. The Scholarship will not remain if the recipient cannot register at Wuhan University before the registration deadline.
Person: Ms. Yuanquan
Mail Address: Admissions Office 101, School of International Education, Wuhan University
Email: [email protected]