Opportunity ID 10771
Degree Non Degree Program/Certificate
The Summer Student Program is a unique summer program that is going launched in Switzerland for participants who completed or at least in third years of their bachelor degree or master degree in the university. During this short term summer program, participants will participate in professional trainings, workshops conferences, discussion sessions, and visits to the CERN facilities. moreover, participants will support with available scholarships. So if you are a student of Physics, Engineering, Computer Science, or Mathematics, and looking for practical works, wish to build an international friendship network, want to meet experts, join and apply to this summer program.
Deadline: 31 January 2020 Duration: 8-13 weeks
Location: Geneva, Switzerland Type of the program: Full Time, Practical Training
Support Organization: CERN Company
Benefits of the Summer Students Program:
- Allowance for accommodation and meals expenses
- Traveling expenses
- Health insurance
- Working opportunity on a technical project for the entire duration.
- Opportunity to participate in an extensive physics lecture program.
- Attending in series of IT lectures
- Helping to find accommodation on the CERN site or nearby.
- the CERN Non-member country’s participants will stay for eight weeks.
- The above expenses will pay at the end of the program
- Some of the participants who are supported financially by the national funding agency must come to CERN with their expenses.
- Participants must be student/completed/or at least in the third year of their Bachelor or Master degree in Physics, Engineering, Computer Science, or Mathematics.
- Participants must register themselves as a student during staying at CERN.
- Participants must not have worked for more than three months and have not been a summer student with CERN in any other status, including Technical Student, Trainee, User other status.
- Be proficient in the English Language and knowledge of French Language will be a preference.
- Will be able to provide a short report of their works and project at the end of the program.
- Update Curriculum Vitae (including your skills, experience, education field)
- Copy of the recent academic transcript and diploma
- Two recommendation letters from the academic lecturers or internship.
- Motivation letter. (explain why you are a suitable participant for CERN).
Note: the documents should be in English or French and PDF Format
- those applicants who completed their application form before the deadline and met all eligibility will invite for the next steps of the selection process.
How to apply:
Fill the online application form
For more info, please visit the CERN website