Opportunity ID 109103
Degree Non Degree Program/Certificate
Language Requirement Not Required
Fields of study Food and Community Impact
Opportunity Type : Partially Funded
Language of Instruction English
The Arrell Food Institute nominations for the Arrell Global Food Innovation Awards are now open to international applicants. The Awards are available to recognize unique approaches and achievements of individuals and organizations worldwide with two prizes of $100,000. The Arrell Global Food Innovation Awards comprises several categories, including research innovation and community engagement innovation. Furthermore, creative applicants who ensure future food security for the planet and inspire new leaders to take bold steps toward change are eligible to apply.
Fields of the Award
As mentioned above, there are two Arrell Global Food Innovation Awards:
Fields of achievement for the scientific award
This first award recognizes an individual or group of researchers with an advanced understanding of food production, processing, distribution, consumption, safety, and human nutrition. Their efforts must have a significant positive impact on society.
Their activity fields include but are not limited to, agri-ecology, crop or livestock genetics, food science, pest and supply chain management, food processing, food packaging, food safety, human nutrition, and soil health.
Fields of achievement for the community award
This second award identifies an individual or group contributing to improved food security and nutritional health, focusing on strengthening disadvantaged communities.
Their activity fields include, but are not limited to, household nutrition, Aboriginal food security, urban poverty, socioeconomic policy, poverty elimination, community development, or traditional food systems.
Nomination Open: 22 January 2024
Nomination Deadline: 5 March 2024 (noon ET)
Panel Meeting to Winner Selection: April 2024
Announcement of Winners: June 2024
Host Organization: Arrell Food Institute
Degree Level: None
Language of Communication: English
Funding Type: Partially-funded
Eligible Country: All
Focus Areas: Food and Agriculture
Benefits of the Arrell Global Food Innovation Awards
By applying to the Arrell Global Food Innovation Awards, candidates will benefit from the following:
- Total $125 000 CAD, including $100 000 CAD for a cash award for personal use and $25 000 CAD for travel and accommodation at the University of Guelph in Ontario
- Award citation and memorial item
- Invitation to the programs and events
What are the requirements for the Arrell Global Food Innovation Awards?
The following are the set of eligibility criteria for the Arrell Global Food Innovation Awards:
- Applicants can hold any nationality and can be from any country
- There are no age, gender, race, and religious restrictions
- Private companies, governmental bodies, academic institutions, non-profit organizations, and charitable foundations can nominate applicants.
- In the case of several nominations from a single organization, the panel selects the latest one.
- Nominators should clearly express how nominees will lead in achieving the outcomes.
Arrell Global Food Innovation Awards Nomination Documents
The nomination package should include the following components with clear statements:
One-page Nomination Information
- Nominator’s name, current position, contact numbers, and mail and email addresses
- Nominee’s name, current position, contact numbers, and mail and email addresses
- For which awards, Research, or Community did the organization nominate the nominee?
- An endorsement by a senior official of the nominating organization, verifying nomination process accuracy
- How did the nominator find out about the Awards?
3-5 Pages Nomination Statement
- Explanation of the nominee’s achievement related to the science of food or for contributions at a community level.
- Explanation of the impact of the nominee’s contribution
- Cross-referencing the supporting letters and additional documents
Three Support Letters
- The letters must come from individuals or organizations who know the nominee’s work (maximum length of up to 4 pages)
- The additional documents include articles explaining the nominee’s contributions and the impact of their efforts (up to 5 pages)
- Publications, awards, and recognitions (up to 5 pages)
Note: All documents must be in PDF format, and the total nomination package must not be more than 15 pages in a single document. The adjudicators do not cover email.
How do you apply for the Arrell Global Food Innovation Awards?
To apply for the Arrell Global Food Innovation Awards, please prepare and submit all required documents via the submission email below.
Submission Email: email@example.com
Check More Opportunities: