Degree Non Degree Program/Certificate
Language Requirement Not Required
No. of Opportunity 4
Opportunity Type : Partially Funded
Language of Instruction English
Opportunity ID 95816
Overview of the contest
The Andrei Stenin International Press Photo Competition is now open to young photographers internationally. The contest aims to promote young photographers and support them in their efforts for professional excellence. The competition is organized by ROSSIYA SEGODNYA INTERNATIONAL INFORMATION AGENCY. So, are you a young photographer with a keen interest in participating in such an international contest? If yes, it is exactly for you to apply.
Submission deadline: 28 February 2022, 11:59 pm (GMT+3)
Shortlist announcement: 15 June 2022
Online vote opening: 1 July 2022 (users can vote for their favorite contestant(s)
Winners’ list publishing and award ceremony: September 2022
Photo exhibition opening: September 2022
- The first, second, and third place prizes will be presented to a single or a series of photo images in each category.
- The best Contest Photo among Contest Participants in all categories will be awarded a Grand Prize.
- The Jury may award Honorable Mentions to three Photo Images & Series in each category.
- In addition to the main Contest categories, users can vote online for Photo Entries of Winners, Runners-up, and Photo Images awarded an Honorable Mention.
- A Contestant who gets the most User votes receives a Contest diploma too.
– The Grand Prize winner will receive RUB 700,000.
In each category for an individual or a Series of Photo:
– The first-place winner will receive RUB 125,000).
– The second-place winner Images will receive RUB 100,000.
– The third-place winner will receive RUB 75,000.
Competition Sponsors and/or Partners may also offer additional prizes.
Structure of the contest
The 2022 contest will include four categories for which young photographers can compete:
- Top News. The main subject of entries in the category is important events in the life of individuals and nations as a whole: major political and social events; reports from war places and those hot by natural tragedies; decisive moments in people’s lives.
- Sports. This category covers exceptionally attention-grabbing moments in sport: triumphs of athletes and dramatic losses; daily sports training, the beauty of sports races.
- My Planet. Entries in this category involve reflecting on the entirely diverse face and images from across the globe, showing timeless beauty and harmony and uniting scenes from daily life; the life of big cities and small towns; nature pictures; ethnographic and religious holidays.
- Portrait. A Hero of Our Time. In this category, entries should depict a hero’s life in individual or group portraits of people. Documentary and posed pictures can be included.
Contest eligibility criteria
- The Contest is open to Russian and foreign citizens who are professional photographers.
- Participants should be 18-33 years old at the time of the Contestant’s submission of Photo Image(s) to the Contest.
- The submitter may submit only one Photo Image or (a Series of Images) per category.
- Photographs must have been taken after January 1, 2021. In special cases, a series of photographs started in previous years are accepted. In such a case, the final photograph of the series must have been taken in 2021 or 20222.
- Entry for the competition is free at no cost.
The Contest Jury, consisting of internationally renowned photography experts, will select winners in each category in four rounds.
First round: Qualification round to pick Contest Entries for the semifinals out of all successful entries.
Second round: Selecting finalists.
Third round: Selecting Winners and Runners-up.
Fourth round: Selecting the Grand Prize winner.
- A creative approach, and
- Compliance with the Contest terms and conditions for the theme and/or category.
How to apply for this competition?
Eligible applicants can apply for the contest by submitting their photo entries online.
Participants should consider the following technical measures while preparing and submitting their entries.
- Entries can contain a single photograph or series of no more than 12 photographs.
- Minor cropping, or balance (white balance) or density (brightness, contrast) correction is acceptable.
- Framed photographs, collages, or photos significantly photoshopped, with portions of the image edited, removed, or replaced with a different image, will not be acceptable.
- Photos shall be uploaded in JPG format. The acceptable compression should not exceed 10.
- The image should be no less than 2,200 pixels and no more than 5,700 pixels by its longer side.
- The file name must have the serial number of the photograph, name and last name of the author/submitter, title, and year it was taken, separated by underscores, for example, 01_Smith_James_The_Spring_2011.
- The file must be named in a Latin script. The file size must not go beyond 20 Mb.
- The file must also contain all the EXIF data.
For more details and to read the complete contest rules, click on the official link.