Opportunity ID 16053
Fields of study Family Business
Opportunity Type : Partially Funded
The Alan Reddrop Research Grant for Family Business is a scholarship fund awarded to a commencing PhD or Masters by Research candidate to support them to undertake advanced research relating to family business.
Candidates may apply for this grant scholarship on a part-time basis if they provide convincing reasons (for instance, the need to provide full-time care of children, or disabled, sick, injured or elderly family members). The need to undertake part-time or full-time work is not deemed a convincing reason. Applicants can only be awarded this scholarship once. Any withdrawal from the program leads to the cancellation of scholarship.
Deadline: Will be open until filled
Levels: Master and PhD
Research area: Family business
Grant value: $5,000
What the grant covers:
- Travel to conduct research or for presenting it at an international conference
- Data collection
- Collaborating with international or interstate experts
- Costs incurred from materials purchases for the research that will be directly beneficial to the candidate
Who are eligible for this grant?
Eligible candidates are:
- Australian National, Australian Permanent Resident or international applicant
- Commencing higher degree by research student (master and doctorate whose provisional enrolment is subject to confirmation of candidature)
- Residing in South Australia during the program
- Receiving a full living stipend
- Full-time candidate (except reasons outlined above)
- Undertaking advanced research on family business
- Applicants already having a PhD are not eligible
The grant will be granted based on the:
- Field of research
- Written statement,
- Academic merit including academic record‚ publications or/and professional experience, and
- Where appropriate, performance at interview.
It is also possible that candidates enjoy other scholarships or grants managed by University of South Australia.
Further condition: The grant funds should be consumed within 12 months of payment. If it is not expected to be spent within the timeframe‚ the reasons must be provided in the written statement. Moreover, at all speaking engagements and publications resulting from the research grant, recipients will acknowledge the Alan Reddrop Research Grant for Family Business for supporting their researches.”
How to apply?
In applying for this scholarship program, candidates should follow the two steps below:
- Applications are accessed (via logging on to the myUniSA student portal link). So, you should submit an online application through the link below.
- In addition to applying online, you also need to provide a written statement and CV, as outlined below, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applicants must provide:
• A Curriculum Vitae
• A written statement (max. 500 words) detailing:
• Reasons why they are undertaking the program
• Their research question or problem to be worked on
• The significance of the research and its potential impact on their future career goals
For more information on this research scholarship, please refer to University’s website.