Opportunity ID 12277
Language Requirement TOEFLIELTS
Fields of study Various fields
Opportunity Type : Fully Funded
Duration 2 years
Language of Instruction English
Application is open for Asian Development Bank- Japan Scholarship Program 2024-2025 at the University of Auckland in New Zealand a. This scholarship is offered to students from developing Asian countries, including Afghanistan and other member countries of ADB, to pursue a master’s degree in New Zealand.
General information about ADB Scholarship program:
The Asian Development Bank- Japan Scholarship Program (ADB-JSP) was initiated in April 1988 with receiving its funds from the Japanese government. The program aims to provide a unique opportunity for well-qualified citizens of ADB’s developing member states to pursue their postgraduate studies in economics, management, science, technology, and other development-related fields at participating academic institutions in the Asia-Pacific region.
After completing their study programs, the scholars are expected to contribute to their home countries’ economic and social development.
ADB Scholarship verified fields of study at the University of Auckland:
The scholarship is offered for the following areas at the master’s level:
- Master of Public Health
- Master of Science (Environmental Science)
- Master of Arts (Development Studies)
- Masters programmes in Engineering.
- Asian Development Bank-Japan Scholarship Program (ADB-JSP) at the Asian Institute of Technology
- Asian Development Bank Scholarship at National University of Singapore (MBA)
- 100 Fully-Funded Rotary Peace Fellowship for Master degree and Professional Development Certificate
- Asian Development Bank & Japan Scholarship Program For master Degree (Fully Funded)
Benefits of the Asian Development Bank Scholarship at the University of Auckland:
The ADB- JSP scholarship covers the following:
- Tuition fees to study at the University of Auckland
- Travel expenses from the applicant’s home country to Auckland, New Zealand
- Travel expenses to the applicant’s home country from Auckland, New Zealand, at the end of the applicant’s study programme
- Basic costs of accommodation in Auckland
- Health and medical insurance expenses in New Zealand
- Scholars engaged in research programs will enjoy a special grant for their thesis preparation
Note: The ADB-JSP does not cover dependents’ expenses.
Applicants who want to apply for ADB Scholarship must:
- Be a national of an ADB borrowing member. For a list of current developing member countries, visit ADB- Japan Scholarship Programme.
- Have received admission to an approved master’s degree at an approved academic institution. (if you have not obtained an admission letter, you should meet the requirement of the mentioned program and apply as soon as possible.)
- Have a bachelor’s degree or its equivalent with a brilliant academic record.
- Have at least a two-year full-time professional work experience (gained after a university degree ) at the time of application.
- Have proficiency in oral and written English communication in order to be able to pursue studies abroad.
- Be under the age of 35 at the time of application. But in exceptional cases, for programs suitable for senior officials and/or managers, the age limit is 45 years.
- Have a good health condition.
- Agree to return to your home country after completion of the programme.
Those who are considered ineligible:
- Executive directors, alternate directors, management and staff of ADB, consultants, and relatives of the aforementioned ones.
- Staff of JSP-related institutions cannot apply to their own institution.
- Applicants living or working in a country other than his/her own country.
- Applicants who are already enrolled in master’s degree programmes or who have already completed master’s degree programmes.
- Undergraduate-level studies, distance learning programmes, short-term training, conferences, seminars, thesis writing, and research projects are deemed ineligible.
For more information, see Japan Scholarship Program Frequently Asked Questions.
To be considered for the scholarship, you must fully submit the following documents before the closing date:
- Completed ADB-JSP Information Sheet
- Completed ADB-JSP Application Form
- Copy of your offer letter to the University of Auckland
- Academic documents – both academic transcripts and degree certificates/diploma
- Employment certificate for the duration of employment issued by the company in which you have worked
- Certificate of Income issued by the company
- Certificate of Family Income issued by the company. Must be either your parent or spouse’s annual/monthly income.
- Copy of your Passport
- Valid IELTS test
Selection and ending date:
- Applications for study programs commencing in 2024 will close on 21 July 2023.
- Selection process of the scholarship will last between 22 July – 27 September 2023.
- Successful applicants will be notified by November 2022.
- Applications for study programs commencing in 2023 is closed now
How to apply to ADB scholarship in New Zealand:
Applicants with an admission letter and above mentioned documents should submit their application for the scholarship by post as instructed below. Those who still have not applied to get the admission letter; can do it before applying to the scholarship.
Documents submission guideline: All the above-mentioned documents must be submitted in full by post and received by the University of Auckland no later than 21 July 2023.
Address to send your documents:
University of Auckland
Private Bag 92019
Note: If we require further information and documentation, we will contact you via email. Otherwise, all applicants will be notified of the outcome by November 2023.
- World Bank Scholarships 2023 – 2025
- Master Helmut-Schmidt Scholarship Program for Public Policy and Good Governance (DAAD PPGG)
- Asian Development Bank Scholarships in Japan, Thailand, USA, Philippines, Singapore
- University of Waikato International Excellence Scholarship (All Degrees) in New Zealand
- Tongarewa Scholarship 2022 for International Students at Victoria University of Wellington, New Zealand
For more details about the ADB scholarship, please visit the ADB website.
Join our telegram channel HERE