Degree Non Degree Program/Certificate
Language Requirement Not Required
No. of Opportunity 18
Fields of study Development And Research
Opportunity Type : Partially Funded
Language of Instruction English
Opportunity ID 91461
About the internship
Applications for the first batch of the Asian Development Bank (ADB) 2022-23 internship program is now open. The Internship Program provides a project-focused learning opportunity for graduate scholars to acquire experience through research assignments based on ADB’s current operational needs.
ADB welcomes inspired, open-minded, and self-directed individuals from its member countries, including Afghanistan, to apply for this great opportunity.
- 1st batch: 15 July to 15 September 2022
- Onboard: January 2023 onwards
- 2nd batch: 1 December 2022 to 31 January 2023
- Onboard: June 2023 onwards
Awarding institution: Asian Development Bank (ADB)
Stipend and a part of travel cost will be provided by ADB.
Benefits of ADB Internship Program
The internship program renders the opportunity to:
- work in an important international development organization;
- work in teams with qualified experts from more than 50 different countries;
- obtain a more comprehensive insight of development finance and the impact of the work ADB does; and
- Contribute to ADB’s business through research contributions.
Internship applicants must:
- Hold enrolment in a Master’s- or PhD-level program at a school in one of the ADB member countries, both before and after the internship assignment;
- be involved in academic study in a field directly linked to ADB’s work;
- be a citizen of one of ADB’s members;
- have excellent proficiency in English; and
- Have professional experience of relevance to the assignment.
ADB assesses applications based on eligibilities, the relevance of the scholarly study and work experience; and the level of passion and motivation to contribute to development work. ADB also observes institutional representation, gender, and nationality balance in the internship selection process.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
How to apply?
Eligible applicants apply online through the ADB Career and Employment System (ACES).
- Choose your assignment of choice on the website of ADB as it publishes it there.
- You can prepare for your CVs and answer the essay questions on the application page.
- And, upload all documents (CV and essay) to ACES to complete the application.
Note: to avoid errors in submission, applicants are recommended not to wait till the last day of the application period in submitting their internship applications. Grab this chance SOON!
Read more about the internship on the Asian Development Website.
You may also like these opportunities:
- Online Course on ‘Strategic Planning for Professional Service Firms in the Time of COVID-19”
- Deakin University Free Online Course on ‘Building Resilience Skills to Thrive at Work’
- 2023 Korean Foundation Fellowship for Korean Language Training (KLT) Program
- Monash University Free Online Course on ‘Psychology of Learning” (Certificate Provided)
- Walters Kundert Fellowship 2023 for Post-PhD Researchers in the UK (£10,000 award)