No. of Opportunity 129
Duration 12 Months
Afghanistan Development and Welfare Services Organization (ADWSO) is recruiting 129 new social workers for the duration of one year to support the organization in its social work with responsibilities described in the Job description below:
Details of social workers jobs:
Number of jobs: 129
Employment type: full time
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Reference number: VA No. 09-02-22
Organization: Afghanistan Development and Welfare Services Organization (ADWSO)
Deadline: 25 February 2022
- Sare Pol
the social work should have the following qualification:
- hold a university degree in social science or relevant field
- Have at least 2-years of experience in the provision of social services.
- Possissing good communication skills
- Keen interest and enthusiasm in working for and with children
- Be fluent in speaking, reading, and writing in national languages
- Be willing to travel in the different villages and remote areas
The selected candidate is responsible for the following activities:
- Providing supports in identification of girls and boys according to their vulnerability criteria in the targeted communities and carry out the affected children cases as per existing case management SOP.
- Providing mental health and psychosocial support to children and caregivers in their homes and other safe spaces to strengthen coping and resilience mechanisms
- Conducting awareness-raising sessions on mine risk, unsafe migration/displacement, Covid-19, GBV, and other child protection problems.
- For further support and follow-up, do Identification and reference of the cases for specialized services to relevant organizations.
- Provision of support to build the capacity of community structures, volunteers, community-based teachers, and other individual or community-based organizations supporting children to ensure an effective response to the needs of victims.
- Keep up to date the case management database and frequently report the achievements challenges and required supports.
- Coordinate project team through sequential consultation meetings to discuss the identified child protection needs on the ground.
- Addresses the need for situational analysis to determine the nature of the problem and to discuss the problem with the main office and other child supporting organizations to tackle the problem
- Monitoring and following up the children’s cases to ensure an adequate response to their protection needs and communicate the challenges and required support with the project officer and team.
- Placing and disseminating the communication and education material such as posters, flyers, and banners to the community.
How to apply?
Interested eligible applicants should submit their CV with a cover letter by email to the following email address before the deadline.
Please indicate the title of the position (Social worker), plus the location of your interest in the subject line of your email.