Opportunity ID 13711
Degree Non Degree Program/Certificate
Language Requirement Not Required
No. of Opportunity 1
Opportunity Type : Fully Funded
Language of Instruction English
The World Food Prize is awarded in recognition of the exceptional achievements an individual or organization has made to increase the quantity, quality, availability of, and access to food by creative interventions at any level within the food system at all. Furthermore, the prize honors individuals making exceptional efforts focusing on food security, agriculture, challenges, and success in fighting hunger and poverty to reach the broader human development objective. International organizations who have made achievements in the above areas can apply for this prize.
Details of the prize:
Deadline: 1 May 2022
Awarding Institution: World Food Prize Foundation
Number of the Winner: 1
Prize: 250,000 Dollars
Prize Nomiation Criteria:
Applying organizations should meet the following criteria:
- Any academic institution, private or public organization, or governmental unit may submit a nomination for the World Food Prize.
- Any organization wanting to apply can submit as many nominations as it considers fit.
- individuals may create nominations, but the nomination must be approved by, and submitted through the nominating institution.
- Self-nominations will not be accepted.
- The foundation awards the prize to one person except for the exceptional case where another individual has collaborated directly in attaining the achievement.
The Achievements can fall in the following categories but not limited to:
- Soil and land, food science and technology, nutrition, rural development, marketing, food processing, plant and animal science, packaging and storage, economics and finance, water and the environment, natural resource conservation, physical infrastructure, unique or extraordinary feeding programs, social organization and poverty elimination, policy analysis and implementation, public advocacy, physical infrastructure, transportation, and distribution.
- The result of the achievement must have made a significant impact on the quantity, quality, availability of, or access to food for a large number of people.
- The resulting impact must be measurable, quantifiable, or demonstrated either in terms of decreased poverty, hunger or suffering or health, nutrition, living quality, and well-being.
- The nominees’ activities must demonstrate that they have led to increased food security and sensible change in the sector.
- the nominee must be in a good health condition to attend the price awarding ceremony and must accept to deliver an acceptance speech in the ceremony and attendance in media events.
- at least three years of experience in starting your work.
The World Food Prize Secretariat assists the Selection Committee by assessing all nominations for suitability and completeness and then forwarding them to the Selection Committee.
The Selection Committee then evaluates the nominations and recommends the recipient and first alternate it deems most eligible for the award based on the Prize criteria. Recommendations are forwarded through the President of the Foundation to the Foundation’s Chairman of the Board of Directors and Council of Advisors for the final decision.
- Personal information of both the nominator and the nominee
- Recent Curriculum Vitae of the nominees stating their position held, level of education, professional associations, award, or any honors.
- A recent photo of the nominee
- Statement of Suitability: Explain in less than 150 words why the nominee should be selected for this award.
- Achievement Statement; It should be explained in no more than two pages what is the achievement of the nominee and it should be a specific and measurable one.
- Impact Statement: The nominee’s achievement’s direct impact should be explained in view of the above-,mentioned scope of the achievements. Summarize the followings in no longer than two pages:
- The number of people benefitted.
- Geographical width of impact
- The impact over time on the well-being of beneficiaries
- Signed and dated recommendation letter from two other individuals who know the nominee’s work but do not bear any affiliation with the nominee’s nominating organization.
- Supporting documents such as news articles, journals, publications by or about the nominee that directly relate to his/her work and its impacts.
- Online nomination form
Note: document format should be Word or PDF.
Apply for similar opportunities:
- WISE Prize for Education 2021 for Outstanding Contributions in Education Worldwide ($500K Prize)
- “Global Health 50/50 ‘This Is Gender’ Global Photography Competition” 2021 (£500 prize)
- Trace Foundation Prize for Investigative Reporting 2021 ($10,000 prize)
- Call for Nominations: ‘Diana Award 2021 for Outstanding Young Social Leaders’
How to apply:
To apply for the prize, eligible applicants can fill out and submit the online nomination form.
Visit the World Food Prize website for more detailed information regarding the eligibility, timeframe, and past winners.