Degree Non Degree Program/Certificate
No. of Opportunity 12
About MAIL and job:
Ministry of Agriculture, Irrigation and Livestock (MAIL) is hiring 12 people as Regional Environment and Social Management Officer for 6 provinces who will work in the framework of MAIL’s projects.
Position Title: Regional Environment and Social Management Officer
Employment Type: Full-time
Job Locations: Kabul. Balkh, Nangarhar, Kandahar Baghlan & Herat
Salary: As per NTA salary policy
Vacancy #: Mail-ta-243
Organization: Ministry of Agriculture, Irrigation, and Livestock (MAIL)
Years’ of experience: 3-4 years
Closing date: March 1, 2020
MAIL is seeking competent staff for the position of Regional Environment and Social Mgmt. Officer. The incumbent will assist in and ensure the consideration of environmental and social aspects including OHS as well as Infection Prevention and Control (IPC) measures for Coronavirus in the implementation of the EATS project at the regional level.
Moreover, the position holder will also ensure the environmental and social safeguard considerations as a primary requirement in the sub-projects implementation at the regional level. The incumbent will directly be supervised by the regional manager with the overall supervision of the Sr. Social Safeguard & Sr. Environment Specialist.
Click HERE to read the full information about the duties and responsibilities of the positions.
- Bachelor’s degree from a reputable university in the field of, environmental science, social science. Law, Economic and other related fields;
- Good knowledge of computer programs, including MS PowerPoint, MS Word and Ms. Excel is mandatory;
- Full working knowledge (in writing and speaking) of national languages (Dari and Pashto) is necessary and knowledge of the English language is a benefit;
- At least 3 years of experience in working with community mobilization activities and empowerment of local actors;
- Previous experience in a similar program with international NGOs or including experience working in the same field will be an addition;
- sound communication skill and creative personality;
- living in the province/region of assignment/willingness to be relocated;
- Ability to handle a large volume of works both, in office and on the field; and
- established capacity to conduct training activities in the field and to coordinate with implementing partners.
How to apply?
Eligible applicants can send their applications electronically via the following email. Applicants should mention [position title, vacancy number and the province name they are applying for] in the subject line of their email.
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted for written test or interview.
Note: Do not submit educational documents or supporting certificates.
Submission email: [email protected]