Opportunity ID 14470
Degree Non Degree Program/Certificate
Language Requirement Not Required
This five-week course shall deliver a high-level summary of DAT concepts, prospective impact, range of existing technologies, applied cases, and also progressive technologies. In addition, it will introduce the different agriculture data platforms already available to the participants and will persuade them to learn the scope and usefulness of the open data platforms for analytics and agricultural intelligence. The course engages the attendees in discussion forums with their colleagues and also quizzes are conducted throughout the course. Therefore, it is important to study digital agriculture technologies in greater detail.
Topics: Agriculture, Agriculture Technology, ICT and Agriculture
Institution: WBG, edX
Learning mode: MOOC (Massive Open Online Center)
Duration: 5 Weeks (2-3 hours/week)
Start time: Flexible timeline
In today’s agribusiness world, Digital Agricultural Technologies (DATs) are innovations that allow farmers and agribusiness entrepreneurs to increase their productivity, effectiveness, and competitiveness, ease access to markets, better nutritional outcomes, and foster resilience to climate change. A range of technologies from mobile apps to digital identities for farmers to solar applications for agriculture to moveable agriculture devices are being used. DATs are growingly becoming important in the global food and agriculture sector, from instant and easy information delivery to providing virtual marketplaces. The World Bank’s increasingly uses it in its operations.
What you’ll learn:
- Gain a concrete understanding of key concepts of DAT and ICT in agriculture, with an emphasis on used cases and potential impact.
- Learn about digital tools augmenting on-farm productivity.
- Realize how to empower smallholder farmers via ICT/Digital Tools in market access and financial services.
- Obtain awareness of modern technologies and their range in agriculture – artificial intelligence, remote sensing, crowdsourcing, and big data analytics.
· Official and Verified Certificate _which highlights your skills, attests your achievement and increases your job prospect (for $5)
· Easily Shareable_ you can share it elsewhere
· Proven Motivator_ Give yourself an extra incentive to complete the course
How to apply?
Interested applicants wishing to boost their knowledge about DAT can apply for this course very easily and get the course started just by completing an ‘enrolment’.