Opportunity ID 3733
Language Requirement Not Required
Do you want to win $5,000 Award? If yes, you can participate in a competition organized by World Bank Group. This competition is named “Changing the Nature of Work”, focusing on the Changing nature of work by technology. World Bank wants to focus on this subject in their World Bank World Development Report (WDR) 2019. University and college students can participate in this competition via submitting examples of Governments, cities, Firms, individuals or any other actor taking the benefits of opportunities created by Technology and the “Future of Work”. The winners will receive $5,000 award. And their example will be published on World Bank Website.
The Award /Prize details:
Deadline to apply: August 31, 2018 Result announcement: October 1, 2018
Number of prizes: 3 Organization: World Bank
Award value: $5,000
Eligibility and rules:
- Each of the winning participant will receive only one prize
- Each example should have a description of up to 400 words with a suggestion for its best fitting place in the report included
- Applicant can write about any subject with any style, but it must fit the narrative of current report draft, and illustrating the issues discussed.
- Participant can include any supporting data such as policy documents, literature, web links and etc., in description.
- Residents of any country can apply
- Examples and entries’ language must be English
- Participants can make no changes into their examples after they have submitted.
- World Bank may publish any example in the final WDR2019.
- Entries received after the deadline, are not considered.
World Bank WDR 2019 is focusing and studying how the technology advancement changes the nature of the work. Though the technology is advancing the life standards but the process of this change can be disruptive to the humankind. There are three main points to be considered:
- Necessity of a social contract to prevent inequality during the transition and ensuring that the workers can stay competitive against machines.
- Changes in nature of work requires social protection system updates. We need to clearly define the employers, and employees and how a person can be retired regarding the changes are made in the nature of work
- The government also need to update their revenue pattern, tax laws and etc.
How to apply?
Applicants who are interested in participation to this competition, can apply online. First prepare a summary of the example. Second, send the prepared example to submission email below. The full name and nationality should be included in the cover email.
Submission email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: each of the participant can submit up to three examples.
For more information please contact us or visit the World Bank Website