Opportunity ID 11485
UTRIP is a short-term summer program in Japan for applicants who are enrolled in a bachelor degree and completed the first year of their degree in a natural science field or any relevant area. During the entire duration of this program, applicants will gather real graduate-school life or research-centered life experiences and knowledge at the University of Tokyo. Applicants will work closely with a research supervisor of the Graduate School of Science. Moreover, applicants will gain the required experience, attending the compass programs, research trip to a historical or natural site of Japan, participating in Japanese cultural programs, building networks with current students of Tokyo University and etc.
- Deadline: 10 January 2020
- Recommendation letter deadline: 17 January 2020
- Result announcement date: 6 April 2020
- Program date: 10 June to 21 July 2020
Duration: 6 weeks
Type of the internship: Full-Time
Number of participation: 10
Location: Tokyo, Japan
Allowance amount about 140000 JPY
- The allowance payment will cover travel expenses and other transportation in Japan.
- Free house for living.
- Applicants must have finished a full year of their bachelor‘s degree.
- Applicants must be registered or enrolled in the field of natural science or relevant areas.
- Must have a long-term vision and goals of working in a scientific field.
- Must be able to commit to the entire duration weeks of the internship program.
- Before arriving in Japan, applicants must present a coverage of a health insurance plan.
- Must have good English skills. Test scores such as TOEFL, IELTS. (expired test result will be accepted too), applicants who studied their degree in English, they can attach the English proficiency test scores.
- Applicants must be committed to return to a bachelor or master degree at the university out of Japan after completing the UTRIP program.
Note: applicants who are in the 2nd, 3rd or 4th years of their bachelor degree currently will be preferred.
- Applicants are expected to work hard on a full-time basis to perform the UTRIP project.
- Applicants must take part in the whole duration of the program.
- Must participate in the all-academic program and social events of the UTRIP program.
- On the scheduled day, applicants will be asked to present an oral presentation.
- The essential documents before the deadline, during, or after the program must be submitted.
- Online application form
- Official diploma and transcript
- Personal statement about 700 to 1000 words. (explain the applying reason, your expectation, your qualifications to be selected, skills, experiences related to the program, etc.)
- Update Curriculum Vitae (including work experience, responsibilities, projects related to the program, with their dates.)
- Official GPA score.
- English language proficiency documents.
- A recommendation letter must be written by an academic professor who is familiar with your academic background.
How to apply:
Please submit the requested information and documents through the online application portal.
- after the online application submitted, an email will be sent to the recommender directly to submit the letter.
- Successful applicants will be informed by email between early or late March.
For further info, please have a look at UTRIP Website