Opportunity ID 11638
Language Requirement Not Required
Opportunity Type : Fully Funded
UNESCO organizes a two-day Academic conference at World Press Freedom Day 2020 (WPFD 2020) to support media freedom and safety of journalists. This conference is hosted by the Kingdom of Netherlands at the University of Leiden in The Hague where Journalists, Media officials, policymakers, legal specialists, scientists, and other related groups will be meeting to share their knowledge. The conference organizers are calling upon those who are active in the field of Safety of Journalism to submit their paper and poster presentation. You should register to participate in this conference.
Co-organizers: UNESCO and the Kingdom of the Netherlands
Partners: Sheffield University, University of Malaga, Oslo Met University, University of Amsterdam, University Leuven, University of Antwerp, School of Journalism Hogeschool Utrecht
Date of Academic conference: April 23-24, 2020
World Press Freedom Conference 22-24, 2020
Deadline: January 24, 2020
Result announcement: February 12, 2020
Deadline for full paper submission: April 14, 2020
Theme of the conference:
- Press Freedom,
- Safety of journalists
- Media Capture
Location: the University of Leiden, The Hague, The Netherlands
Who can apply to the Academic conference 2020?
The conference is open to academics from any country around the globe, preferably in the field of safety of journalists.
TOPICS for the Academic conference:
- Securing safety of journalists in challenging environments
- Strengthening the safety of journalists in countries with low levels of violence
- Safety of journalists in small local communities
- Safety measures: practice, protocols, and policies of news organizations
- Journalists at risk engaged in fact-checking and countering disinformation
- Specific risks faced by women journalists in the course of their work
- Risks and strategies of journalists engaged in crime reporting
- Violence and aggression against journalists in public spaces
- Violence and aggression on social media against journalists
- Historical views on journalist safety and independent journalism: lessons learnt
Participants are responsible to cover the cost of their:
- Other travel-related expenses.
HOW TO apply?
Applicants should apply online. Applicants who are submitting their proposals can read the call for papers HERE and submit their proposal to the following email address.
For more information please contact: