Opportunity Type : Fully Funded
Do you want to study your master’s degree or Ph.D. in China? You can apply to scholarships offered by the Southern University of Science and Technology in China.
Southern University of Science and Technology (SUSTech), China, invites applications from students throughout the world, and its scholarships are awarded to those graduate students accepted by SUSTech for Integrated Master-PhD and PhD programs. There are two types of full-time graduate scholarship programs provided to students in all SUSTech colleges and departments: (i) PhD/Doctoral Program and (ii) Integrated Master-PhD Program. All programs are English-taught.
Duration of the programs:
PhD Program lasts four years and Integrated Master-PhD Program takes five years (two years for Master and the other three years for PhD) to complete. For information about SUSTech supervisors and research areas please read here.
Details Southern University of Science and Technology Scholarships
Application deadline: June 15, 2020
Levels of study: Master’s and PhD
Institution: Southern University of Science and Technology (SUSTech)
Scholarship value benefits
1. PhD Program:
· RMB126, 700 (about US$18,098)/year
· A likely performance-based award of RMB20, 000 (Approx. US$2,857)/year
· This award will be assessed by the SUSTech academic department and confirmed by the Graduate School.
2. Integrated Master-PhD Program:
· RMB83, 700 (nearly US$11,955)/year for the duration of master studies
· A likely performance-based grant valued at RMB10, 000 (Approx. US$1,428)/year
· Students who successfully complete the master studies and advance into PhD candidate will be granted the PhD scholarship.
1. Tuition fees:
RMB35, 000/year (Approx. US$5,000) for the duration of Master study, and RMB40, 000/year (Approx. US$5,715) during the PhD study term. Registration fee for each is RMB500 almost equal to USD71.
2. Accommodation fee:
RMB18, 000/year (Approx. US$2, 570) for a single-room in the on-campus graduate student dormitories.
Note: For students studying the Integrated Master-PhD Program, during the Master study period, students may be settled in double room dormitory at lower cost as per the university’s room availability. Allocation of dormitory and ultimate fee standard will be set up in the offer letter.
Eligibility requirements for international applicants
In order to be eligible, international applicants should:
· Have bachelor’s degree for Integrated Master-PhD Program and master’s degree for Ph.D. Programs.
· Language proficiency level: TOEFL 85 OR Higher; or IELTS 6.5 or above (no sub-score less than 6.0 is accepted)
International applicants are required to email the necessary documents (in PDF format) to the department contacts listed here before the deadline. The SUBJECT of email should be: Application for SUSTech PhD/Integrated Master-PhD Program Admission 2020-International Student-Name.
- Application Form (Please click here to download the form);
- Personal statement stating your study and work experience, reasons why you are appropriate and study proposal;
- Diplomas and degree transcripts, which must be original documents or attested copies. Should the applicants be current university students, an official pre-graduation certificate or/and letter displaying their student status and stating the expected graduation date shall be also be provided by them. All documents should be in Chinese/English, otherwise, notarized copies of translations in Chinese or English should be presented;
- Photocopies of language proficiency proofs;
- Two letters of recommendation with proper contact details;
- A photocopy of passport or other government-issued ID; and
- Additional documents proving academic abilities;
Reminder: Departments may ask you for hard copies of the above documents. Application materials will NOT be returned irrespective of the result of the application.
Evaluation and Acceptance
Applications will be judged based on the documents presented by the applicants. An interview and/or additional tests may also be conducted.
Only successful applicants will be issued acceptance letter by the ‘SUSTech Graduate School Admissions Office’ after the announcement of the application evaluation results around June 2020.
Application for Visa and Registration
Admitted students need to bring their passport, Letter of Acceptance, Visa Application Form (JW202/JW201), as well as other necessary documents to the Embassy or Consulate of China for a student visa (X1 visa). Students shall visit the SUSTech for registration during the dates identified by the Admission package with the necessary documents which is normally in late August.
Furthermore, Students must go to China with an original passport and an X1 visa, and must apply for a Residence Permit within 30 days upon arrival in China.
All students have to submit the passport and other necessary original or notarial degree certificates upon registration at SUSTech for enrollment qualification review. Failure to do so, will result in disqualification from enrollment.