Language Requirement Other
No. of Opportunity 16
Fields of study Different
Opportunity Type : Fully FundedPartially Funded
Duration One Year
Language of Instruction English
Applications are now open for the degree programs at the University of Bologna, Italy for international students. The program is called “University of Bologna (Unibo) Action 1&2 – GRE for international students registering for Second cycle degree programs at the Alma Mater Studiorum – University of Bologna”. The university has designed grants to encourage international students to enroll in its degree programs. Plus, the program requires having GRE scores for admission. So, those international students interested in studying a master course in Italy can apply.
Application deadline: 31 March 2021 at 12.00 PM CET
Host institution: University of Bologna
Academic year: 2021-22
Announcement of results: April 2021
Number of scholarships: 16
Program: Second cycle degree program (master level course)
Duration: Each Unibo Action 2&1 grant is awarded for one academic year but there is a possibility of extension.
The university has designed the following benefits and has termed them Action 1 &2:
- 16 study grants worth €11.059 each (Unibo Action 2)
- full tuition fee waivers for a total amount of €100.000 (Unibo Action 1).
Note: these benefits cannot be granted to students who register in multiple or joint programs for which the fees have to be paid to a partner university.
Application is open exclusively to applicants who:
- Have valid qualifications for admission to the selected Second cycle degree program issued by an external institution other than an Italian one.
- The applicants can apply regardless of their citizenship;
- Fulfill the admission conditions for the degree program of choice or will meet such requirements at the time of registration;
- are not currently undertaking any First, Single or Second Cycle degree programs at the University of Bologna.
- have not already received the Unibo Action 2 study grant or the Unibo Action 1 waiver;
- should not exceed the age of 30 years or older as of the deadline of this call (31 March 2021).
Grants and waivers awarding criteria
These study grants and waivers are given on the basis of GRE (General Test) results (all sections included).
Tests’ date should not be earlier than 31 March 2016, otherwise, they won’t be considered.
The minimum scores required are:
- Verbal Reasoning + Quantitative Reasoning = 290
- Analytical Writing = 3.0
How to apply?
Application is online therefore qualified candidates must submit an online application using the application site below.
Note: First-time users of the site must register and create an account for themselves providing their exact registration details according to their passport/ID Card and complete other steps as instructed.
Applicants must submit the following documents with their application:
- ) a copy of their currently valid passport;
- ) a copy of their unofficial GRE score report; besides, applicants must also send their official GRE score reports through ETS. The official scores must be received by the University of Bologna no later than the application deadline.
- A diploma and/or certificate affirming the qualification necessary for admission to the chosen degree program, together with grade.
- Students who have not graduated from a course by the application submission deadline may provide a certificate of registration and a transcript of records with exams passed to date and relative marks.
Note1: All documents presented by applicants must be in English, Italian, French or Spanish. In case they are in other languages, they must be translated into one of the above languages.
Note2: All information on the field must be properly filled, and the required documents must be submitted.
For more extensive details about the program, visit the Call for Application draft.
Sing up for an orientation session on this and other relevant university programs HERE. The last deadline is February 28th.
Or, please contact the International Desk of the Alma Mater Studiorum – University of Bologna, Via Tel. +39 051 2099584 – 051 2099529 – 051 2099055 – 051 2099510 or [email protected].