Opportunity ID 144022
Fields of study architecture
Opportunity Type : Partially Funded
Duration 18 months
Language of Instruction English
About the scholarship
Norman Foster Foundation funds the RIBA Norman Foster Travelling Scholarship offering to students of architecture who display the capacity for excellent achievement and novel thinking on issues relating to the sustainable survival of cities and towns. For this reason, the foundation is calling for applications for national and international proposals. Therefore, students can submit their research proposal on a topic either in their living country or at (an) international location (s).
Deadline: 28 May 2022 5pm (GMT)
Host institution: The Royal Institute of British Architects (RIBA)
Location: United Kingdom
Notification of result: June 2022
Awarding institution: Norman Foster Foundation
Project completion period: 18 months
- The scholarship is worth 7,000 aimed at supporting outstanding students to undertake a project with a focus on one of the focus areas under the scholarship.
Theme for your research proposal
Both national and international research proposals should pertain to the sustainable survival of our cities and towns and match one of the following themes:
- Learning from the past to inform the future
- The future of society
- Density of settlements
- Use of resources
- Quality of urban life
- To qualify for the scholarship, students must be studying in, and have successfully completed at least the first year of a professional degree in architecture from a school invited by the RIBA.
- Each invited school can submit only one application for the scholarship from one of its current students, and each there is a school-specific method of selecting the student.
See the list of invited schools here.
How to apply?
The applicants selected by the school must submit their completed application (including the documents listed below) through a web-based file transfer service to the below email.
Submission email: Gillian.Harrison@riba.org
Students will need to submit the following:
- One completed application form signed by the student and by the Head of School
- One A1 ‘poster’ submitted as a pdf file outlining the proposal (topic, objective, locations). The poster length should be 500 words on the poster submission, and images should have high resolution.
Should you have any questions concerning this scholarship or the application process, please email Gillian Harrison at Gillian.Harrison@riba.org.
Head to the source link for more information about this program.