Language Requirement Not Required
Fields of study Computer Science
Opportunity Type : Partially Funded
Duration 3 YEARS
The University of Copenhagen, Faculty of Science, offers a full-time Ph.D. Fellowship in Data Management Systems 2020 to Ph.D. degree-seeking international students in the field of Computer Science. The application is now open to eligible students who wish to study at one of the most recognized Europe-wide universities.
Application deadline: 15 July 2020 (23:59 GMT)
University: University of Copenhagen (UCPH), Denmark
Field of study: Computer Science
Degree level: PhD
Duration: Three years
Scholarship starting date: 1 November 2020
Eligibility: Open to all nationals
Scholarship benefits and value
This scholarship bears partial funding and provides a salary of DKK 331,125.
To be eligible for this scholarship program:
- Candidates should have an MSc degree in Computer Science with excellent results and sound English skills.
- As criteria for the evaluation of your qualifications, the University will emphasize previous publications (if any) and related work experience.
This program in Data Management Systems (DMS) is, in fact, a Ph.D. research project at the University of Copenhagen for three years. The students will complete this project under the supervision of a principal department supervisor.
The key tasks of applicants as a Ph.D. student at SCIENCE include:
- To manage and carry through their research project.
- Attend Ph.D. courses
- Compile scientific articles and write their Ph.D. thesis
- Teach and disseminate their research
- Stay at an external research organization for a few months, preferably overseas.
- Work for the DMS department.
The core criteria for selection will be the research capabilities of the applicant and the above-mentioned skills.
After the closure of the deadline for applications, the authorized recruitment manager chooses applicants for assessment on the advice of the Interview Committee. Afterward, an assessment committee will be appointed to assess the selected applications. Finally, the selection of a successful candidate will be made by the Head of Department, based on the recommendations of the assessment committee and the interview committee.
How to apply?
The application for this scholarship is online and in ENGLISH, and applicants must submit it electronically through the given link.
- Cover Letter,
- Diploma and grade transcripts of (BSc and MSc)
- Acceptance Letter for the related MSc Programme at SCIENCE, if any
- Other information for consideration, e.g., list of publications (if any)
- One-three reference letters (if any)
Please note that Reference letters must be uploaded by the applicant him/herself.
For more information, refer to the official announcement link.