Opportunity ID 11476
The NIG Genetics department, SOKENDAI, provides a short term internship opportunity for applicants with bachelor, master, or any equivalent degrees in Japan. The internship program will contain training, research, communication, discussions, laboratory visiting, etc. moreover, applicants will participate in a different program like graduation program lectures, journal clubs, and seminars. At the end of the program, participants will be asked to give an oral presentation about their experiences in NIG. Applicants who could engage and performed the entire duration of the internship will receive full financial support plus a completion certificate. Interested applicants who wish to conduct research internship to get experiences in genetics and related fields in life sciences in Japan are highly encouraged to apply.
Deadline: 7 January 2020
Result announcement: Early March 2020
Program date: 18 June to 29 July 2020
Benefits of the internship:
- Traveling expenses to and from Japan with local transportation fares between Japan and NIG will be covered by the program.
- Traveling costs during the program.
- Meals expenses about 1500 JPY per day.
- Completion certificate.
Applicant must have completed the following tasks during the internship to receive financial support:
- The applicants must work hard for the NIGINTERN program.
- Applicants must work as a full-time intern through the project duration.
- An oral presentation must be presented by the application on the scheduled day.
- An essay and questionnaire must be submitted at the end of the internship by the applicants.
Note: the living, local transportation, private trips and must be covered by the applicants.
- Must have a high interest in life sciences.
- Must be in the 2nd, 3rd, 4th, or 5th year of bachelor’s degree, in the 1st year of a 2-year master’s degree or the 5th of a 6-year degree.
- Applicants must work with the supervisor.
- Applicants must accept the NIG roles and regulations.
- Applicants are required to maintain the unpublished information and documents at NIG.
- The assignments, tasks, and the projects associated must be completed.
- Online application form
- Motivation letter about 500 words
- Update CV, including education background form high school up to the current academic year.
- Latest academic certificate with transcript.
- Two letters of recommendation
How to apply:
Interested applicants can apply through the online application portal.
- Before starting the online application form, please ensure that you read the roles, current postal address, interest areas, and host laboratory.
- For the online application form, please provide the recommender’s name and email address. Furthermore, tell the recommenders that they will receive an email to upload the recommendation letters.
For more info and details, please visit the internship program website