Opportunity ID 151027
Degree Non Degree Program/Certificate
Language Requirement Not Required
Fields of study STEM
Opportunity Type : Fully Funded
Duration 10-12 weeks
Language of Instruction English
Each year, the New York Academy of Sciences offers Afterschool STEM Mentoring Program (ASMP) to undergraduate, postgraduate, postdocs and STEM professionals to train elementary and intermediate school students with the aim of inspiring a lasting interest in STEM. The application for the 2021/22 round of the program is now open for mentors.
Application deadline: 1 June 2021
Organizing institution: The New York Academy of Sciences
Location of teaching: everywhere in the world
Duration: 10-12 weeks
Time commitment: 1 hour of lessons per week
- Participating mentors will receive training in STEM and youth development and work with site staff
- They will receive a stipend
- Will receive a one-year membership in the academy
Who can apply?
To qualify as ASMP mentors must be:
- Undergraduate students, graduate students, postdoctoral fellows, or professionals in a STEM field
- Keen on inspiring youth to pursue STEM studies and careers
- Dedicated to the program training and teaching schedule
- Prepared to complete a background check and online compliance training, complying with local and state policies regarding working with minors.
- These are done at no cost to the Mentor.
- Some sites may also ask for a health form signed by a doctor.
- New York Academy of Sciences “Junior Academy Challenge” for the Brightest High School Students
- New York Academy of Sciences “1000 Girls, 1000 Futures” for Young Women & Girls Worldwide
How to apply?
Applicants can apply online by completing an online application. In the application, you will need to provide your personal information and answer the essay questions.
Each application undergoes a strong review so applicants with the most potential will be chosen to join as ASMP Mentors.
If you want to get more information about the program, please click on the OFFICIAL LINK.