Language Requirement TOEFLIELTS
Fields of study Master In Sustainablity
Opportunity Type : Fully Funded
Duration 2 Years
Language of Instruction English
Opportunity ID 5299
If you are eager to pressing global issues on the UN agenda and in particular those of sustainability, motivated to pursue your career in international fields in public service or private organizations apply to Scholarships and programs offered at United Nations University Japan.
Location: Tokyo, Japan
- Master degree: March 12, 2021
- PhD: April 19, 2021
Master degree details
Institution: United National University Institute for Advanced Study (UNU-IAS)
Location: Tokyo, Japan
Level of education: Master degree
Field of study: Sustainability program
Duration: two years
Institution: United Nations University
Applicants can apply for the Master of Science in Sustainability program that is offered at United Nations University. Students will acquire a holistic perspective to consider how the development needs of societies can be met without affecting the underlying sustainability of the Earth system within a curriculum that is integrating the social sciences, natural sciences, and humanities. After one year of study, the student should have obtained at least 30 credits, they can choose the courses offered at UNU-IAS or enjoy studying at other universities in Japan, such as the University of Tokyo, Sophia University, International Christian University, and Yokohama National University.
There are opportunities to do research in the following themes:
- Sustainable Societies,
- Natural Capital and Biodiversity,
- Global Change and Resilience.
Eligibility and requirements
The applicants must:
- Be interested in sustainability studies with a commitment to study and understand global issues
- Have obtained / or expected to obtain a bachelor degree no later than September 2019 from a recognized university or institute of higher education in the field of sustainability with a GPA of 3.5 or above on a 4.0
- Be proficient in English language TOEFL PBT 600, iBT 100, IELTS 7.0 or have one of the following condition:
- Be a native English speaker
- Graduated from a university in an English speaking country
- Have obtained a bachelor’s degree or postgraduate degree instructed by English language (confirmation of the institution from the Use of English as the language of instruction and examination is required )
Selected applicants for the enrollment in the UNU-IAS master of science in sustainability program will have the opportunity to be considered for the following scholarships.
- Japan Foundation for UNU (JFUNU) Scholarships:
- Monthly stipend of 120,000 JPY for living expense for a maximum of 24 months
- Full tuition exemption
Travel costs, visa fee, health insurance are not covered by this scholarship
Applicants from developing countries included in OECD DAC countries who are in financial need are eligible for JFUNU scholarship.
- UNU Rector’s Scholarship
- Monthly stipend of 130,000 JPY for covering living expenses for 2 years (24 months)
- Round trip travel cost to and from Japan expenses
- Full tuition fee exemption
Applicants who are developing with a demonstrated need for financial assistance and neither currently living in Japan nor pursuing a second master’s degrees are eligible for UNU Rector’s scholarship. This is in the condition that the applicant should be interested in broader work of the UN and not be a recipient of other concurrent scholarships.
- Asian Development Bank – Japan Scholarship Program (ADB – JSP )Scholarship
This scholarship covers the following:
- Full tuition fee
- Monthly allowance of 150,000 JPY for Living and accommodation cost
- Health and accident insurance
- Books and study expenses
- Economy flight ticket
For more information about this scholarship please click HERE.
- Japan Educational Exchanges and Services Scholarship (JEES Scholarship)
This scholarship only provides 50,000 JPY for living expenses for 24 months. Other expenses including tuition fee, travel cost, visa and health insurance are not covered by this scholarship.
Applicants from developing country have the student residential status in Japan can apply to JEES scholarship.
How to apply?
Applicants should apply Online
for More information please visit United Nation University website