Language Requirement TOEFLIELTS
Opportunity Type : Partially FundedSelf Funded
Duration 4 Years
Language of Instruction English
Opportunity ID 103717
Applications for the United Nations University, Maastricht Economic and Social Research Institute on Innovation and Technology (UNU-MERIT) “Ph.D. Program on Innovation, Economics, and Governance for Development” are now open. The program is offered by United Nations University’s institute UNU-MERIT and emphasizes on research skills and methods, training fellows to become both academics and practitioners in the fields of governance and the economics of technology. So, if you want to develop your knowledge and skills in innovation, economics and governance areas, this is the right opportunity for you to grab.
Application deadline: 15 Feb 2021 CET Midnight
Host University: United Nations University (UNU-MERIT)
Degree level: PhD
Language of instruction: English
Start of the program: September 2021
Duration: 4 Years
Apart from the academic benefits and facilities within the program and the university, applicants are required to pay the application fees applicable to them. In addition, the university each year will allocate a limited number of scholarships and tuition waivers to accepted fellows. Though, due to limited funds, it encourages students to apply for a variety of other scholarships to fund their study at UNU. For more information, you can visit the scholarships pages of the university website.
The university’s research themes for Ph.D. thesis
- Economics of Knowledge and Innovation
2. Structural Change and Economic Development
3. Economic Complexity and Innovation
4. Governance and institutions
5. Innovation and Entrepreneurship for Sustainability Transitions
6. Migration and Development
7. Social Protection
8. Population, Development and Labour Economics
Applicants should fulfill the following criteria:
- Hold a Master’s degree in a relevant academic field, including economics, international relations, political science, law, social sciences, business administration, health sciences or public health
- A primary knowledge of mathematics and statistics, which is defined by reviewing the content and level of previous studies and/or working experience
- basic knowledge of economics, social sciences, political science and/or law, which is determined by reviewing the content and level of prior studies and/or working experience
- Proficiency in English, with a minimum level of 600 PBT / 240 CBT / 100 IBT for the TOEFL or 7.0 for the IELTS (those from English-speaking countries and those who received their Bachelor’s or Master’s education in English are exempt).
- Maastricht University’s TOEFL code is 7102.
You can apply to:
- “MSc in Public Policy and Human Development Program” at Maastricht University, Netherlands
- University of Artificial Intelligence MSc and PhD Scholarships 2021-22 in UAE [Fully-Funded]
How to apply?
Applicants can apply online for this program.
- notarized copies of your certificates and grades and a description of the grading system
- evidence of English proficiency
- motivation letter of 400 – 500 words
- three letters of recommendation (in English only) from current or former professors or employers
- a one-page essay explaining the topic of research interest
- curriculum vitae
- copy of your passport
- passport-size photo
- full information about your present study and/or job
Note: The above documents are uploaded on the application portal and only transcript and diploma are sent to the university’s postal address as well in the later stage of the application.
For more information please go through the website of United Nations University (UNU).