Opportunity ID 12522
Opportunity Type : Fully Funded
The University of Melbourne awards a series of scholarships and grants to international students seeking to pursue overseas study as part of their undergraduate or graduate course. Some of the scholarships are donated on academic merit and others to enable those students experiencing disadvantaged conditions to study abroad.
Application Period: 1 Jan 2020 – 31 Dec 2020
Fields of Study:
Number of scholarships available: Nearly 2000
- Prospective students must travel for their overseas program for at least three weeks’ duration to be qualified for any of the Melbourne Mobility Awards.
- The Melbourne Global Scholars Award and USA Foundation Scholarship provides a one-off payment of:
- $1000 for students taking overseas education for a minimum of 3 weeks and up to 12 weeks, or
- $2500 for students undertaking overseas study programs of 12 weeks duration or more, also
- The Melbourne Global Financial Assistance Grant, John, and Betty McCrery Travelling/ study Scholarship and Lin Martin Melbourne Global Scholarship provides a once payment of up to $5000.
- The University House Travel Scholarship and Aitchison Travelling Scholarship grant a one-off payment of up to $5,000
Applicants deemed eligible for this scholarship must:
- Be enrolled at the University of Melbourne in either an undergraduate or graduate degree
- Have the intention to study abroad for at least 3 weeks as part of a University of Melbourne semester or year-long program, ashort-term program or a University of Melbourne Overseas Subject.
- Apply for a Melbourne Mobility Award before the start of the overseas study program
- Have not secured a Melbourne Mobility Award for overseas study that was part of your existing course
- Have not received a New Colombo Plan Grant or Endeavour Student Exchange Program funding that was part of your current course (applies to Lin Martin Global Scholarship only)
- These awards are given for the specific purpose of scholarships.
- The selection of merit scholarships is based on academic excellence and achievements using the University’s Weighted Average Mark (WAM). For this reason, you must have results of your current course while applying and have received a WAM of 75 or higher.
- The selection of access scholarships is carried out on the basis of provable social, educational and financial disadvantages.
- Chancellor’s Scholars, Kwong Lee Dow Scholars, Commerce Achievement Scholarship recipients and students who entered the University between 2010- 2016 with an ATAR of at least 98 are guaranteed one Melbourne Global Scholars Award in their undergraduate degree. If this is true for you, you need to submit a Melbourne Mobility Award application form before you begin your overseas study program. For more information visit this link.
Further conditions of the scholarship
- You must get permission and register in your overseas program
- In case your overseas study program is canceled or postponed by any party after receiving the award payment, you must contact Stop 1
- You have to agree to participate in any ambassadorship activities if asked by the university which includes global mobility blogs, social media channels, events, and student exhibitions.
- You are required to give permission for the university to provide your name and course details to program donor
- By agreeing to submit an offer for MMA, you will not have chance for future similar awards.
Applicants must apply for MMA by completing the online application form.
If you want to apply for a scholarship based on financial difficulties, personal problems, disability or medical condition, you will be required to provide supporting documents such as medical forms.
You do not need to apply to the Melbourne University Award separately.
Incomplete applications will not be checked.
In case your application is unsuccessful, you will be able to re-apply on the condition that you have not already begun your study program abroad.
For more information you can reach us at:
Phone: 13 MELB (13 6352)
+(61 3) 9035 5511
The University of Melbourne