Language Requirement TOEFLIELTS
Fields of study Different
Opportunity Type : Fully Funded
Duration 3 4 Years
Application is now open for Beasiswa Kemitraan Negara Berkembang (KNB) Scholarship_ a prestigious scholarship program offered by the government of Indonesia to students from developing countries across the world to study their bachelor’s, masters and doctoral degrees in Indonesia. The Ministry of Education and Culture of the Republic of Indonesia manages the scholarships that are offered in 23 high-profile Indonesian Universities at three levels.
Currently, master and doctoral scholarships are on offer at ITS Surabaya for the 2021 academic year. Therefore, interested applicants, including Afghan students, are highly encouraged to apply to this fully funded scholarship.
Application Deadline: 7 May 2021
Level of study: Master and Doctoral degrees
Host university: ITS Surabaya
Starting time: 15 July 2021
Funded by: Government of Indonesia
Number of scholarships for Afghan applicants: 5-7
Duration: 3 years master (4 semesters for the master program and two semesters for the language course) & 4 years Ph.D. (2 semesters Bahasa Indonesia + 6 semesters Doctoral Degree) respectively.
language of instruction: Indonesian Language (Bahasa)
Benefits of the KNB scholarship:
- Living stipend
- Research and book allowances (will be provided during the Master Program)
- Health insurance
- Round trip international ticket
- Immigration Fee
- Tuition Fee (paid directly to the university)
Fields of study
there are dozens of programs offered at both levels and at various faculties as below:
MASTER and DOCTORAL PROGRAMS:
1. Science and Analytical Data
2. Intelligent Electrical and Informatics Technology
- Computer Science
- Electrical Engineering
3. Civil, Planning and Geo-Engineering:
- Civil Engineering
- Environmental Engineering
4. Marine Technology
- Marine Engineering
- Ocean Engineering
5. Industrial Technology and Systems Engineering
- Engineering Physics
- Mechanical Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Industrial Technology and Systems Engineering
General eligibility requirements
- The applicant’s age must be 35 or under 35 years.
- Must اhave completed a bachelor’s degree (master’s degree holders are not eligible to apply)
- Must have a minimum English language proficiency such as TOEFL 80 or IELTS 6.0 or equivalent certificate of English language proficiency.
- Applicants must have a minimum GPA of 3.25 in their previous degree.
- Successful applicants must sign the letter of statement and scholarship agreement paper before their departure to Indonesia, which is prepared by KNB scholarship management.
- Letter of recommendation from the Indonesian Embassy of your home country issued in the same year of application.
- Two letters of recommendation from your previous university professors.
- Copy of valid passport.
- Undergraduate/bachelor degree certificate and transcript. (in English).
- English language proficiency test score taken within the last two years.
- Health certificate prepared by a certified doctor in 2021.
- Letter of nomination from a governmental official in case the applicant works for government agency.
How to apply?
You can apply online and complete other steps to finalize your application.
Interested applicants applying from Afghanistan should visit the 21st booth, the general reception unit of the Ministry of Higher Education with the original copies of their educational documents. Early visits to MoHE are recommended.
Read the MoHE attachment for this scholarship here.
Application procedures to be completed:
- Download the invitation letter from the KNB scholarship website.
- Invitation letter, passport, academic certificate, and transcript must be submitted to the Indonesian Embassy of your home country to receive the recommendation letter.
- Fill out the online application form.
- Result announcement: the result will be announced on the KNB scholarship website or announced on Indonesian Embassy’s social pages or website officially).
Note: Generally, applicants are advised to read information about the field and university at which he/she is willing to pursue his/her master’s and doctoral education.
For any quarries, please contact:
Directorate General of Higher Education
- Ministry of Education and Culture of the Republic of Indonesia
- Jalan Jenderal Sudirman, Senayan, Jakarta 10270
- Phone: +6221 57946063 / Fax: +6221 57946062
- Email: [email protected]
Director of Public Diplomacy
- Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Indonesia
- Jalan Taman Pejambon No. 6, Jakarta
- Phone: +6221 3813480 / Fax : +6221 3858035
For further details, please have a look at the KNB scholarship website.