Opportunity ID 53013
Degree Non Degree Program/Certificate
Language Requirement Not Required
No. of Opportunity 30
Opportunity Type : Partially Funded
Language of Instruction English
Applications are now open for the JUMPSTARTER 2023 Global Pitch Competition. JUMPSTARTER is the largest online start-up competition initiative of the Alibaba Entrepreneurs Fund. This non-profit initiative provides a platform for all entrepreneurs and young people to start their dreams. The competition organizer partners with and sponsors many organizations and platforms. Therefore, the event has a global reach in five continents and over 100 cities and regions.
Interested applicants can own a start-up investment prize of up to USD 1 million and jump-start their dreams. Apply to be the world’s champion of JUMPSTARTER 2023.
- Organizer: Alibaba Entrepreneurs Fund
- Number of Finalist Teams: 30
- Gender: Male/Female
- Eligible Country: All
- Funding Type: Partially-Funded
- Application Deadlines: 14 May 2023
- Top 100 Announcement: 2 June 2023
- Top 100 Semi Pitch: 26-30 June 2023
- Due Diligence: July – August 2023
- Top 30 Announcement: 8 September 2023
- Top 30 Final Pitch: November 2023
Benefits of JUMPSTARTER 2023 Global Pitch Competition
Joining JUMPSTARTER 2023, contestants will benefit from the following:
- Pitch to top corporates and investors;
- Win up to US$5 million investment and HK$1 million cash;
- Global recognitions and media exposure;
- Connect with Alibaba’s digital economy;
- Free exhibition opportunities;
- Sponsored travel to Hong Kong for the final pitch
What are the Eligibility Criteria?
Start-ups meeting the following criteria can apply for the 2023 JUMPSTARTER contest:
- Applicants should be the Founder or Co-founder of the start-up;
- The start-up can be in the ideation, early, or growth stages;
- The business has been operative for less than five years;
- It must not have raised more than USD 20 million in funding to date;
- Should pose an innovative business idea, product, or service;
- Demonstrate how the entry has impacted the contestant’s business, their industry, and the people;
- Start-ups must desire to make Hong Kong or other cities part of their plans in the GBA.
JUMPSTARTER 2023 Global Pitch Competition Industries
Eligible industries for Global Pitch Competition include the following but are not limited to these industries:
- Biotech or Life Science
- Deep Tech, Ai and Data, or Robotics
- Industry 4.0
- Web 3.0
The Judges will evaluate and score contestants’ submissions against the following criteria for JUMPSTARTER 2023 Global Pitch Competition:
- Innovation and Industry Disruption (20%)
- Market Potential and Business Model and Stainability (20%)
- Traction and Further Development Plan (20%)
- Team Background and Strength (15%)
- Hong Kong Nexus (Founder Background + HK / GBA Plan) (15%)
- Social Impact (10%)
How to apply for JUMPSTARTER 2023 Global Pitch Competition?
To apply for this competition, contestants should submit their pitch deck via the Alibaba Entrepreneurs Fund Service Platform below by entering the link below. Follow these instructions:
- Sign Up for the application portal.
- Log In with the existing account.
- Enroll by selecting the menu bar on the left, clicking AEF Events, and then selecting JUMPSTARTER 2023.
- Click Agree to accept “Terms and Conditions.”
- Fill in all mandatory fields.
- Upload a 15-slide business proposal plus 1 to 2-minute video instructions.
- Click Submit tab to complete the application process.
- Wait till the successful submission notification appears on the page.
- The JUMPSTARTER Judges will review the submission.
- Wait for the result notification by the date mentioned above.
Required Materials for the JUMPSTARTER 2023 Global Pitch Competition
The contestants’ applications package should consist of a PowerPoint presentation of a Business Proposal (BP) in PDF format of up to 15 slides, including but not limited to the following:
- Founder Background and Story
- Team Profile
- Value Proposition and Product/Services Description
- Market Size and Target Segment Analysis
- Business Model
- Fundraising History and Plan
- Hong Kong or GBA Nexus
A 1 to 2-minute video instructions with an aspect ratio of 16:9 and file format of MP4 full HD, explaining the followings:
- Founder introduction
- Team’s introduction
- Mission and vision of the start-up
- Any necessary additional information about the start-up
Check More Opportunities
For detailed information about the JUMPSTARTER 2023 Global Pitch Competition, please visit the official website of the JUMPSTARTER.