Degree Non Degree Program/Certificate
No. of Opportunity 18
Opportunity Type : Fully Funded
About the competition
The Holy Qur’an is a divine gift full of wisdom and teachings on which our lives should rely. In light of this, the OIC Youth Capital, Dhaka is inviting young Muslims to come closer to the core of Islam through the path of the Quran in 2021 edition of the International Holy Quran Recitation Competition. Therefore, if you are interested in recitation and Islam, take part in this.
Deadline for application: March 23, 2021
Organizer: OIC Youth Capital, Dhaka 2020 in cooperation with Islamic Cooperation Youth Fourm
Number of finalists: 3
Why this competition?
With this initiative, the OIC Youth Capital, Dhaka wishes to bring the Muslim youth closer to the Qur’an and its wisdom as well become great members of society who display the beautiful image of a believer by practicing good morals thereby acting as an ambassador for our deen, Islam.
The competition will be held at two levels:
- Regional level
At this level, the completion is organized in 6 different regions such as (a) Asia, (b) Africa, (c) the Middle East, (d) America (e) Europe and Oceania (f) Bangladesh. Every state in its respective region can participate at this stage. Every country can choose one participant for the competition, and the top three partakers from each region will move on to the international level.
- International level
The top 18 participants will be selected to participate at this stage and finally, the top three finalists will be chosen by the jury panel.
There will be two categories of prize winners:
Regional prize money:
- Winner: 500 USD
- 1st runner up: 300 USD
- 2nd runner up: 200 USD
Final round prize values:
- Winner: 2,500 USD
- 1st runner up 2,000 USD
- 2nd runner up: 1500 USD
Eligibilities for participation
- A national of the OIC Member Countries or representative of a Muslim community in the non-OIC Member States
- The participant must be male and between the age of 18-35 years old
- Have the ability to communicate in English/ Arabic/ Bangla
- Be well conversant in digital technology with good internet connectivity
- Interested in the Holy Qur’an and religion.
Terms and conditions
The general conditions in place for Dhaka OIC Youth Capital 2020 International Qirat Competition are as follows:
- The participant must be conversant with the holy Qur’an with Tajweed and familiar with the rules and essence of recitation.
- to be eligible, participants should be nominated by the concerned authority:
- Ministry of Religious Affairs for OIC Member Country
- Islamic Center for the non-OIC Member States.
- The participant must wear his respective national dress.
- The participant must send a video record/voice recording of the recitation of the Prescribed Verses (7 to 10 minutes).
Prescribed Verses are:
- Sura Younus: Verses 11-16.
- Sura Ibrahim: Verses 28-38.
- Sura Ambia: Verses 92-100
- The video record/ voice record must be clear and has no accomplices by any software.
- Recitation must have the specified type (Qirat).
Evaluation of recitation
The evaluation will be done according to the following criteria:
A- Main criteria: Applying Tajweed and Tarteel Rules
B- Main criteria: Aesthetic sound and performance
How to apply?
Eligible participants should fill out the submission form dully and submit it along with the necessary documents.
Document to include:
- Recent passport size color photograph
- Copy of National ID or Birth Registration Certificate
- Certificate of educational qualification / Certificate of Qirat
For more information about the evaluation criteria and preparation of your submission, please refer to the official link.