Degree Non Degree Program/Certificate
Language Requirement Not Required
No. of Opportunity 5
Opportunity Type : Fully Funded
Language of Instruction English
Opportunity ID 94150
The Islamic Cooperation Youth Forum (ICYF) of Organization for Islamic Cooperation (OIC) is calling for submissions of short videos by innovative, talented, and curious youths from the organization’s member countries as well as Muslim-minority countries to reflect on and depict the Islamic heritage and its contribution to global culture and civilization through their artistic work.
Furthermore, the motive behind this contest is to enhance youth’s understanding of rich Islamic legacies and hear from them about how they can fill the gap between their misperception of past intellectual roles in various areas and their familiarity with rich Islamic cultural and civilizational heritage they can use as informed Muslim youths and take informed decisions.
The theme of the contest’s 1st edition: “Islamic Architecture” with the following sub-themes:
– Local Islamic civilizational and cultural sites
– Muslim architects
– Cities and heritage landmarks
– Islamic heritage landmarks as seen through the eyes of young artists
– Islamic sites closed or sidelined due to Islamophobia
Details of the contest
Submission deadline: 10 February 2021 (11.59 pm (Istanbul time GMT+3).
Organizer: Islamic Cooperation Youth Forum (ICYF), OIC
Benefits and prizes
- Cash Awards for the 5 winners:
- 1st place: $1000
- 2nd place: $ 750
- 3rd, 4th, and 5th places: $500
- Internship opportunities provided by both Aljazeera Media Network and TRT World.
Eligibilities & rules of the competition
- Applicants must be at the ages 18-30.
- Submission must include a short bio of the applicants.
- Submitters must publish content via the YouTube channel and should have pre-existing published content on the channel.
- The language of the video shall be any of the OIC’s official languages (Arabic, English, or French). English subtitles are required.
- Videos shall reflect the technical measures outlined below.
- Applicants must be citizens of OIC Member States or be residents of Muslim Minority country.
- Submissions are not to be shared with/submitted to other competition/organizations until the full announcement of the final result.
- Submitted artwork should suit the primary theme of the contest, the role of Islamic heritage and its contribution to global culture and civilization.
- All Submissions should be genuine, original, innovative, and of high quality.
The general information on the selection results will be published on ICYF social media channels. It is noteworthy that regions and gender-balance are taken into consideration in the final selection. Important note: Only selected participants will be notified of the eligibility of their applications.
How to apply?
All applicants must submit their videos online through the application link.
Submit HERE now.
Technical specifications of the submission you should consider while applying:
Duration: Max. 3 minutes.
Acceptable Video Formats: .MP4, .MPEG, .AVI or .MOV
Video Resolution: 1920×1080 in horizontal
Codecs: using special codecs in order to provide as much portability across platforms as possible is not allowed.
Adding audio is optional.
- The video must contain at the beginning a video cover with the title, authors and affiliation, and the credits at the conclusion.
- The video should not have any commercial infringement and the authors must have clear copyright of the audio and visual content in each video.
- entrants should attach with each video submission a one-page description in PDF file format, including title, full name, a copy of the first page of the applicant’s passport(s), and contact information (Email and mobile WhatsApp).
Read further information about the competition and the rationale behind it on the ICYF website.