Language Requirement HSK(Chinese)
Fields of study Language Teaching
Opportunity Type : Fully Funded
Duration 2 Years
Language of Instruction Chinese
There are scholarships for international Chinese language teachers who teach Chinese to speakers of other languages at East China Normal University (ECNU). The scholarship is open to international applicants and is aimed at promoting knowledge of the Chinese language at the international level. Furthermore, the aim of these scholarships is to strengthen mutual collaboration and exchange between Chinese language teachers and learners in the context of language skills acquisition.
Application period: 1st March to May 15, 2021
University: East China Normal University (ECNU)
Duration: 2 years
Level: Master degree
Program: Teaching Chinese to Speakers of Other Languages (BTCSOL)
- Covers tuition fee; provide accommodation on campus: economic double room
- Living stipend: 3,000 RMB/month).
- Provide broad medical care insurance for International Scholars
Who can apply?
- Non-Chinese citizens
- Be in good physical and mental health situation and high-performing both academically and behaviorally
- Motivated to pursue future careers in the teaching or international promotion of the Chinese language.
- Be between 16-35 years of age on Sept 1st Those currently working ad Chinese language teachers shall not be above 45 years of age.
- Applicant should hold Bachelor’s degree and have a minimum score of 210 in HSK Test (Level 5) as well as 60 in HSKK test (Intermediate Level).
- Applicants who can provide an authenticated document of the employment agreement or related proofs upon completion of study in China are given preference.
Notification of results
The host institution will notify the applicants of the result via email or phone. Please make sure that you provide accurate contact information.
How to apply?
Application for the scholarship is both online and offline. Therefore, applicants should first complete their applications online and then prepare and send a hard copy of their application documents.
- To proceed with your application, you need to register at two sites.
- International Students Online Application. Click HERE to register.
- International Chinese Language Teachers Scholarship Application System. Click here to register. .After registering, fill in the application form online and do your online payment.
(2) Save and upload the mandatory documents. Click the SUBMIT to generate the application form, which should be downloaded and printed out.
As part of your application, you also need to contact recommending institutions that will write recommendation letters for you which are:
- Confucius Institutes and Confucius classrooms
- Testing centers for the Chinese Proficiency Test (HSK) which have the right to recommend Confucius Institute Scholarship candidates.
III. Oversea organizers of Chinese Bridge Competition: education and cultural offices (groups) of China’s overseas embassies (consulates), Confucius Institute and relevant educational institutions.
Notice: If you will choose ECNU as your recommending institution, please download the recommendation letter here.
The applicants should provide the following documents truly, properly and completely. All of the documents should be original and with a duplicate copy.
1) Application Form for International Chinese Language Teachers Scholarship (filled in Chinese or English and created as a result of online application）
2) Copy of passport
3) Highest diploma (photocopy)
4) Academic transcripts (original)
Note: Both educational documents must be in English or Dari. If they are in languages other than Chinese or English, they must have notarized translations in Chinese or English.
5) A study or research plan. All applicants need to submit a study or research plan. It must be in Chinese or in English within min. 800 words.
6) Recommendation letters from recommending Institutions in English or Chinese by a professor or associate professor (photocopy).
7) Photocopy of Foreigner Physical Examination Form- filled out comprehensively (The original copy should be kept by the applicant.)
8) HSK & HSKK (the Chinese Proficiency Test) Certificate (Valid within 2 years- photocopy）.
9) Non-criminal Certificate (notarized photocopy in English or Chinese)
10) Application fee: 800RMB.
11) A short essay concerning the chosen major “Teaching Chinese to Speakers of Other Languages (about 1000 words).
Documents submission address
Global Education Center of ECNU
Contact person: ZHU Xinnan (Cassie)
Address: Room 253, Physics building, 3663 Zhongshan North Road, 200062
Contact phone number: +86 6223 2013
E-mail: [email protected]
For more information regarding the scholarship especially recommending institutions’ details, refer to the East China Normal University (ECNU) website.