Opportunity ID 7944
Degree Non Degree Program/Certificate
Language Requirement Not Required
Fields of study Ophthalmology
Opportunity Type : Partially Funded
Duration 1 year
Language of Instruction English
international council of ophthalmology offers ICO-Retina Research Foundation Helmerich Fellowships to support young ophthalmologists from developing countries. Applicants who wish to be educated and passionate about enhancing ophthalmic and patient care in their home countries are highly encouraged to apply.
Organization: international council of ophthalmology
Duration: one year
Deadline: 30 September 2022
The prize will cover:
- Living expenses
- Traveling cost
- Health insurance
- Other professional expenses
- Applicants must complete the residency training before applying for the fellowship.
- The applicant’s age must be under 40 years.
- have the residency in one of low resource countries
- Applicants must return back to their home country after completion of the fellowship.
- Applicants must have received an acceptance letter from the host university.
- Must meet the language requirements of the fellowship training center.
- Must pass one or more than one ICO exam which will be checked during the application evaluation.
- Applicants who are from countries with ophthalmologic societies will be preferred.
- those applicants whose applications are previously rejected can reapply.
- Passport scanned copy
- Recommendation letter from the current chair’s recommendation and residency (DOC file, 80 KB)
- Previous recommendation letter from applicant’s supervisor of Chair’s (DOC file, 80 KB)
- Acceptance letter must be filled by the host university. (DOC, 80KB)
- Letter of confirmation for completion of ophthalmology residency.
- Confirmation letter of Post –Fellowship Position from any teaching institution or public service hospital
- Letter of recommendation must be filled by ophthalmology head at a teaching institute or public hospital based on the applicant’s surgery experience from the home country.
Note: the uploaded files must be in (jpg, pdf, doc, docx, and png, the file’s size must not be more than 20MB,), do not submit your file in zip.
How to apply:
Fill the Online application form