Degree Non Degree Program/Certificate
Language Requirement Not Required
No. of Opportunity 1
Duration One Year
Language of Instruction EnglishPersianPashto
About the job:
The United Nations Assistance Mission in Afghanistan (UNAMA) has announced its “Human Resource Assistant” vacancy in its headquarters in Kabul. Eligible applicants who are interested in working with a UN organization can read the details below and apply.
Position Title: Human Resources Assistant
Employment Type: Full-time
Job Location: Kabul, HQ
Number of jobs: 01
Level: GL-5 (Fixed-term)
Vacancy number: 07/04/2021
Organizational Unit: UNAMA, Human Resources, and Training Section
Years of experience: 4 years
Contract duration: One Year (extendable, subject to availability of fund)
Gender: Female/Male (female are highly encouraged to apply)
Closing date: 6 May 2021
Under the guidance of the Human Resources Associate/Team Leader, the position holder will do the following:
Recruitment and placement:
- Help in reviewing draft job openings assuring that the evaluation criteria and responsibilities conform to Generic Job Opening (GJP) and standard/individual classified job descriptions.
- Assist with the review of applications to ensure that candidates fulfill eligibility criteria of the job openings,
- Start and follow-up on reference checks, with respect to academic verifications and employment background ensuring the completion of the pre-recruitment formalities.
- Design and prepare Offer of Appointment, including Statement of Emoluments, for review by the Human Resources Officer(s).
- Help with the scheduling and coordination of candidates’ assessments, including written assessments, competitive recruitment examinations and Competency-Based Interviews.
- Keep updated electronic roster for successful applicants to national category job openings, making contacts with applicants to update rosters.
- Consult staff and successful candidates on visa procedures and requirements.
Management of entitlements and benefits:
- Counsel staff with the application and implementation of Human Resources policies, procedures, regulations, and rules regarding entitlements and benefits of national and international staff.
- evaluate manually submitted time and attendance records of national and international staff VS Umoja records, communicating with Sections and staff in cases of differences.
- Review and verify the relevant documents for the entitlements and benefits-related actions by Kuwait Joint Support Office (KJSO) in Umoja.
- Help with the monitoring and documentation of matters relating to conditions of service of the staff and advise the supervisor of any developments.
- Perform research and prepares written responses to questions relevant to HR matters.
- Follow up with the KJSO HR Partners on the entitlements and benefits-related issues of staff.
- Help with instructing staff on performance management and staff development.
- Follow up with staff and their supervisors on completion of e-Performance by the assigned deadline.
- Follow-up with United Nations Joint Staff Pension Fund (UNJSPF) on separated national staff pension-related affairs.
- Support national and international staff in check-in/check-out-related issues.
- Help in creating routine correspondence, such as internal memorandum, letters, routing slips, etc.
- prepare notes/reports.
- Provide general office support services; processes, drafts, edits, proofread and finalize for signature/approval, various correspondence and other communications.
- Support the collection and preparation of statistical reports on Human Resources related areas.
- Make sure post-management takes place in accordance with established standard procedures.
- Help in assessing and processing requests for classification, advising and answering queries on classification procedures and processes.
- Help in providing documentation and background materials relevant to classification.
- Train and deliver supervision to new and lower-level staff in the unit.
- A high school diploma or equivalent is mandatory.
- Course work/training in human resources is highly preferable.
- At least four (4) years of progressively responsible work experience in human resources management, administrative services or related area is necessary.
- Work experience in drafting routine human resources correspondence is mandatory.
- Clear experience in human resources management in international organizations is highly advantageous.
- Previous relevant work experience with the UN or other international organizations is a benefit.
- Good computer skills with overarching experience in word processing, spreadsheets, MS teams and other software applications.
- Must possess proven outstanding interpersonal, communications, organizational, and service-focused skills.
- Fluency in written and oral English, Pashto/Dariis required.
How to apply?
Candidates should download the Personal History Form (P.11), fill it, sign and date and submit it by email to UNAMA before the deadline. The organization will not accept CV or resume nor will it consider late applications.
Other required documents:
For the present staff of UN:
- Besides the completed and signed P.11, applicants must submit scanned copies of two most recent e-Performance Evaluation Reports.
For External Applicants:
- Along with the completed P.11, scanned copies of two most recent performance evaluation reports or if not available, two reference letters. If the applicants cannot submit the latest two performance evaluation reports, they must provide a short explanation as to why they are not available.
Submission email: [email protected]
Note: Please mention the vacancy number (VA#07/04/2021) in the subject line of your email (do note not to mention any other information or space), otherwise your applications will not be considered.
Note: Only short-listed candidates will receive a confirmation within 4-6 weeks of the application deadline.