Opportunity ID 148210
Degree Non Degree Program/Certificate
Language Requirement Not Required
No. of Opportunity 1
Language of Instruction English
About the job:
The United Nations Assistance Mission in Afghanistan (UNAMA) has announced its “Assistant Human Resources Officer” vacancy in its headquarters in Kabul. Eligible applicants who are interested in working with and gaining experience at a UN organization can read the details below and apply.
Position Title: Assistant Human Resources Officer
Employment Type: Full-time
Job Location: Kabul, HQ
Number of jobs: 01
Level: NO-A (Fixed-term)
Vacancy number: 09/04/2021
Organizational Unit: UNAMA, Human Resources and Training Section
Years’ of experience: No experience for a master degree but 2 years for a bachelor degree
Contract duration: One Year (extendable, subject to availability of fund)
Closing date: 11 May 2021
The Assistant Human Resources Officer will do the following:
A- Recruitment and staff selection:
- Assist in the management of recruitment process including coordinating with client offices in predicting and specifying vacancies, preparing job openings, reviewing and screening.
- Review job openings in consultation with hiring managers ensuring that the evaluation criteria and responsibilities are in line with Generic Job Opening (GJP’s) and standard on requisition.
- Arrange and hold interviews for the selection of applicants.
- Partake in task forces and working groups determining issues/problems, establishing policies and guidelines, and preparing inputs on new procedures on recruitment and staff selection.
- Evaluate and set eligibility of candidates in accordance with requirements in the job openings.
- Initiate and follow-up on reference checks and academic verifications, ensuring the fulfillment of the pre-recruitment formalities, computing salaries and related compensations, and making and communicating offers of appointments and Statement of Emoluments.
B- Administration of entitlements and benefits:
- Advise Team Leaders of the Units or Deputy/Chief Human Resources Officer on the development, adjustment and implementation of United Nations policies and practices on entitlements.
- Help in advising and guiding managers and staff on human resources-related matters.
- Oversee issues on conditions of services for staff and advise the supervisor of any developments.
- Assist in the monitoring and evaluating of the effectiveness of pertinent guidelines, HR rules, regulations practices, and procedures.
- Conducts research and prepares written responses to queries related to HR matters.
C- Administration of Justice (AoJ)
- Inquire and compile the UNAMA’s responses to formal and informal requests coming from different organizaitons under the Administration of Justice (AoJ) system.
- Provides inputs to efforts and measures design to help address and mitigate staff grievances
- Assist with the development of preventive activities such as training and sharing best practices and recent jurisprudence relating to human resources management
Also, apply to:
Master’s degree or equivalent in human resources management, business or public administration, social sciences, education or relevant field. A bachelor’s university degree together with 1 additional year of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
A minimum of 2 years of progressively responsible work experience in human resources management, administration or related area is required for applicants with a bachelor’s degree. However, related experience for a master’s degree holder in a relevant field is not mandatory. A special measure applies to these UNAMA posts too (read at the link below)
- Fluency in the English language in writing and speaking is compulsory but in Dari/Pashto is advantageous.
How to apply?
Candidates should download the Personal History Form (P.11), complete it, sign and date and submit it by email to UNAMA before the above deadline. The organization will not accept CV or resume nor will it consider late applications.
Incomplete P.11 forms will not be considered.
Other required documents:
For the present staff of UN:
Besides the completed and signed P.11, applicants must submit two most recent e-Performance Evaluation Reports with their application.
For External Applicants:
Applicants must submit along with the completed P.11, two most recent performance evaluation reports or if not available, two reference letters. If the applicants cannot submit the latest two performance evaluation reports, they must provide a short explanation as to why they are not available.
Submission email: email@example.com
Note: Please mention the vacancy number (VA#09/04/2021) in the subject box of your email (do note not to mention any other information or space), otherwise your applications will not be considered.
Note: Only short-listed candidates will receive a confirmation within 4-6 weeks of the application deadline.
For more information about this job, read the Terms of Reference.