Opportunity ID 79158
Degree Non Degree Program/Certificate
Language Requirement Not Required
Opportunity Type : Fully Funded
Duration 3 months
Language of Instruction EnglishGerman
Applications are now for the Heinz-Kühn-Foundation scholarship in Germany. The Heinz-Kühn-Foundation scholarships are intended to enable junior journalists to heighten their professional development and enjoy training in new environments, and to earn a first-hand and exhaustive knowledge of the traditions, opinions, and lifestyles in other countries. Therefore, the foundation grants scholarships to young journalists from North-Rhine-Westphalia for six-week or three-month reporting trips in developing countries in Africa, Asia, and Latin America.
Likewise, the foundation provides funds to help candidates from developing countries to earn professional journalism experience in North-Rhine-Westphalia for nearly three months.
Application deadline: 30 November 2021
Host institution: Heinz-Kühn-Foundation
Location: Different countries
Duration: Up to three months
Scholarship holders receive the following in the lead up to and throughout the duration of the scholarship:
- a lump-sum contribution towards living costs in the host country (with payments covering training and living expenses in the host country);
- a lump-sum allowance for flight and traveling expenses (the foundation covers a return air ticket for candidates from overseas);
- a stipend for research materials costs (e.g., literature);
- a grant for trips within the host country; and,
- (If necessary, for scholarship awardees from abroad) a German language course of almost two months at the Düsseldorf or Bonn based Goethe-Institute.
Young journalists from North-Rhine-Westphalia and developing countries qualify for a scholarship if they meet the following requirements:
- have a deep interest in development issues;
- have already attained significant professional experience in journalism (a completed college education is preferable);
- are not above 35 years of age; and,
- Enjoy a good proficiency in the official language of their host country (applicants from abroad must at least have a basic knowledge of the German language).
Note: German Scholarship holders also can apply to this fellowship and agree a plan for their training and professional development in their host country and follow that plan during the scholarship to the best of their ability.
Successful candidates’ obligations
German and foreign scholarship recipients have to identify and agree on a plan with the foundation for their training and professional development in their host country and to follow this plan during the scholarship to the best of their power. Furthermore, they also agree to submit a detailed report of their stay in the host country within six weeks of graduating from the scholarship.
Applicants from the above target areas who are eligible and have been short-listed for a scholarship will be invited to an interview with a selection committee headed by a member of the managing board of the Foundation.
Moreover, the board of trustees of the Heinz-Kühn-Foundation, on the recommendation of the selection committee, takes the final decision.
How to apply for these scholarships?
Eligible journalists for a scholarship should first contact the foundation to discuss probable host countries and their topics of choice. Get ready and explore the one world with the foundation.
Submit your application to the email address below by November 30, 2021: email@example.com
The foundation’s postal address is:
Ministerpräsident des Landes Nordrhein-Westfalen
The following documents should be submitted with the application:
- CV in tabular form and a photograph;
- certificates of vocational training and present profession;
- foreign languages certificates;
- Overseas candidates should provide a letter of motivation in German.
For further inquiries, you could contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you need additional information, please go through the official link of Heinz Kuehn Stiftung .
For other new opportunities, please visit our new website scholarships.af