Opportunity ID 11473
Win the trip of a lifetime to Las Vegas at Schneider Electric’s Global Innovation Summit by applying to 10th anniversary of one of the world’s biggest global student competitions.
If you are able to solve one of life case challenges in energy management or have an idea about efficient energy management in an urban environment, you can apply to Social Innovation Summit to win a fully sponsored trip to Las Vagas and become the winner of magnificent award ever.
Top teams will be invited to attend the Schneider Electric Innovation Summit in Las Vegas from 1-5 June 2020 to pitch their ideas in a 15-minute presentation followed by a 5 minute question and answer.
You should create a team and submitting an amazing and courageous proposal based on the 4 challenges below:
- Sustainability and Access to Energy: Business digitization and enabling access to energy or sustainable development
- Connectivity: how can be the Buildings of the future, smarter, sustainable and incorporate new technologies?
- Future: (Plants of the future): applying IoT, AI, Machine learning and more to the industries of the present or future.
- Digital: Imagine the future of energy management and distribution.
Application is open to seven regions around the globe with following deadlines:
- Greater China: January 24, 2020
- Middle East & Africa: January 30, 2020
- Europe: January 31, 2020
- Greater India: February 10, 2020
- North America: February 14, 2020
- South America: Feb 21, 2020
- Asia Pacific: March 20, 2020
Important dates for Middle East and Africa regions (other regions applicants may visit the go green website for details:
Deadline of the application: January 30, 2020
Mentoring and Regional Semi-final: January 31- March 26, 2020
Final Preparation: April – May 2020
Global Final: June 3-4, 2020
- First Prize: Trip to Boston, and visit to Boston innovation Hub, Greentown lab and MIT
- Global finalists: a fully sponsored trip to participate in the summit in Las Vegas to pitch for the grand prize. In addition and interview invitation for internship program at Schneider Electric
- Regional Finalists: mentor-ship by Schneider Electric experts to polish their proposal and make it to the grand finale!
- Women in Energy: A team consisting only females from the semi-finals will win cash prize of 1,000 dollar and Women in Energy Award
- Fly to Las Vagas
- Coaching opportunity, professional mentoring by Schneider professionals.
- currently studying in a bachelor’s degree (at least 2nd year) or a master degree student in the field of Engineering, Business, Physics, Computer Science, Mathematics and Other Sciences
- applicants from any country around the world can apply
- at least one team member must be a women.
- Members of the team must be a student in the same country during the competition.
- Have knowledge of English.
Countries in Each Region:
The Middle East and Africa:
- Afghanistan, Algeria, Angola, Azerbaijan, Bahrain, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Cape Verde, CAR, Chad, Comoros, Congo, DR Congo, Cote d’Ivoire, Djibouti, Egypt, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gabon, Gambia (The), Ghana, Guinea, Iran, Iraq, Israel, Jordan, Kenya, Kuwait, Lebanon, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Oman, Pakistan, Palestine, Qatar, Rwanda, Sao Tome and Principe, Saudi Arabia, Senegal, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Africa, South Sudan, Sri Lanka, Sudan, Swaziland, Syria, Tanzania, Togo, Tunisia, Turkey, Uganda, United Arab Emirates, Yemen, Zambia, and Zimbabwe.
- Australia, Bhutan, Brunei (Darussalam), Cambodia, East Timor, Fiji, Indonesia, Japan, Kiribati, Korea (DPR), Korea (Republic of), Lao People’s DR, Malaysia, Mongolia, Myanmar, New Zealand, Papua New Guinea, Philippines, Singapore, Solomon Islands, Taiwan, Thailand, Timor-Leste, Vanuatu and Vietnam.
- China, Hong Kong SAR and Macau SAR.
- Albania, Andorra, Armenia, Austria, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Belgium, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Georgia, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Kazakhstan, Kosovo, Kyrgyzstan, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Macedonia (FYROM), Malta, Moldova, Monaco, Montenegro, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russia, San Marino, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Tajikistan. Turkey, Turkmenistan, Ukraine, United Kingdom, and Uzbekistan.
- Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Ecuador, Guyana, Paraguay, Perú, Suriname, Uruguay, and Venezuela
- Antigua and Barbuda, Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Canada, Costa Rica, Cuba, Dominica, Dominican Republic, El Salvador, Grenada, Guatemala,, Haiti, Honduras, Jamaica, Mexico, Nicaragua, Panama, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Trinidad and Tobago, and the United States.
- Bangladesh, Nepal, and India.
Process of application
To participate in the program, applicants must:
- register themselves by creating an account and participate in the short exams. This will enlighten you on how to develop your idea. Participants with the highest scores will be asked to form a group of two, consisting of at least one female in each group. Teammates could be friends or other contestants studying in the same country. The team should prepare a PowerPoint presentation consisting of 10 slides of the problem statement, differentiation, operational availability, team profile, etc and submit it before the deadline.
- after the semi-finalists are shortlisted and identified, the Schneider Electric will mentor the selected team to polish their proposal. the teams need to provide 20 slides expanding the previous presentation.
- the juries will select the best projects
- the 8 final teams will be announced and mentored by the Schneider Electric before the trip in Barcelona, Spain
- the finalist will fly to Barcelona and pitch their business idea.
Apply online via online application form
For more information please visit Go Green Champs Award