Language Requirement TOEFLIELTSNot Required
Fields of study Different
Opportunity Type : Partially Funded
Duration 1 Year
Language of Instruction EnglishGerman
Opportunity ID 36990
The Friedrich Naumann Foundation for Freedom awards this scholarship to non-EU students. The German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) offers other similar scholarships to international students to study in Germany as well.
This scholarship scheme is open to eligible international applicants wishing to pursue their first degree, Bachelor’s or Master’s, at a state or state-recognized higher-education institution in Germany, Switzerland, or within the European Union. The applications for the scholarship are open now.
- 31 April for Fall Semester
- 31 October for Spring Semester
Awarding institution: Friedrich Naumann Foundation
Location: Germany, Switzerland or universities within the EU countries
Study levels: Bachelor’s or masters
Duration: the funding covers two semesters, starting with the commencement of the sponsorship. It is initially granted for one year. Therefore, if applied for, sponsorship may be extendable until the end of the degree.
The scholarship’s value is up to EUR 850/month.
Other scholarship benefits
The scholarship provides both material and non-material support.
- Scholarships, study cost- and foreign residence grants, etc. are a means to ensure financial stability.
- There will be a contribution to health insurance by the Foundation
- The Foundation offers non-material support in the form of a variety of projects, events and initiatives as well
Not eligible for funding are:
- Second degrees/above master’s
- Part-time programs
- Distance learning degrees that are not undertaken full-time
- Post-graduate and complementary courses
- Bachelor’s programs by international students who are non-EU citizens
- Degree courses in their final stages
- And, any project such as internships, language courses, and travel expense allowances, etc.
Applicants meeting the following criteria are eligible to apply:
- Talent: Candidates have very good to exceptional academic or scientific records in their fields of study and strong interests within school or university and beyond.
- Personal requirements: Candidates are trustworthy, have strong motivation, and are willing to make decisions and assume responsibility and have a commitment to German’s liberal party ideals and ready to actively contribute to further development of the social, political, cultural, and economic life.
- Social and political involvement: Candidates enjoy a unique liberal profile joined with cognizance of and commitment to social and political affairs, meaning participation in higher-education institutions, engagement in a liberal political party or organizations, associations, and initiatives.
- The sponsorship for foreign students is intended for international applicants who wish to take on a full-time degree at a state or state-recognized higher-education institution in Germany.
You may Check other great Scholarships:
- Scholarship for International Media Studies in Germany 2021
- International Education Management (INEMA) in Germany and Egypt
- BAN KI-MOON Scholarship on SDGs at MCI-Austria (Master and Executive Master Degrees)
How to apply?
The application for this scholarship is online. Please find the application forms and more information on the link given below.
For more information, visit the DAAD Scholarship Database.
Similar Opportunities you may like: