Opportunity ID 3727
Opportunity Type : Fully Funded
Deadline: July 25, 2018 Result notification: August 2018
Organization: Facebook Number of awards: 4
Award value: up $30,000
Anyone with any background and abilities from any region of the world can apply to Facebook Global Literacy and accessibility Challenges Award. This award is designed to do the research for the identification of literacy barrier and reducing the illiteracy and increase the social communication online. There are 758 million adults that lacking basic reading and writing skills.
Benefits and Awards:
The wining proposal will receive up to 30,000 dollar to handle the research project.
- Duration: up to one year
- Start of the project: August 2018
Who can participate in this call for proposal?
- No background and abilities restriction
- Anyone from any part of the world can apply
- The applicant need to submit a proposal
Including but not limited to:
- Finding a scalable methods to assess individual or population literacy level
- Identifying the experience and challenges related with literacy issues for instance: disabilities of learning, barriers due to English language
- Identifying Social, technology issues preventing literacy skills development
- Understanding how the literacy skills impact the individual and the community
- Identify the technological factors such as digital and social technologies to remove the gender gap in literacy and develop literacy level
- Designing and developing of technologies for the literacy burrier elevation.
Applicants need to prepare the following the documents:
- A concise two-page proposal including research and the budget usage
- Research timeline along with quarterly milestones
- CV of all participants
Related: Top 10 Grants and Award
How to apply?
Interested applicants can apply using the online application system for the award linked below. Successful proposal will be notified in august 2018, and their representatives need to participate in workshops held November 2018.