Opportunity ID 77950
Language Requirement Not Required
Fields of study Various Fields
Opportunity Type : Partially Funded
Language of Instruction English
The EUTOPIA European University Alliance excitingly announces the EUTOPIA Science and Innovation Fellowships (EUTOPIA-SIF 4th Call). International applicants from any nationality can apply for 16 postdoctoral scholarships through positions at EUTOPIA-SIF partner universities starting in September 2024.
EUTOPIA-SIF fellowships allow high-profile young researchers to pursue their research initiatives in the dynamic academic environment of the EUTOPIA Alliance.
Extensive research mobility is an essential component of the fellowships, with two mandatory secondment periods: one at another EUTOPIA university and one with an external academic or non-academic partner institution to foster the fellows’ entrepreneurial spirit, concrete research impact, and innovation. Fellows can also access a comprehensive training program, career counseling, and academic supervision.
The EUTOPIA Alliance universities are as follows:
- Vrije Universiteit Brussel
- CY Cergy Paris University
- University of Gothenburg
- University of Ljubljana
- Pompeu Fabra University-Barcelona
- The University of Warwick
The universities will hire the postdoctoral fellows based on an individual research project and the quality of their academic profile for a 24-month postdoctoral contract with highly attractive conditions. The candidates chosen in the 2023/24 call will begin work in September 2024.
Fellows will address topics important to understanding and shaping the future of our planet, the technology that affects our lives, and the society we will live in as academic experts using an interdisciplinary approach.
Fellows from many disciplines, including Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics, Social Sciences, Humanities, and Arts, are encouraged to apply. The fellows should apply in connection with the following key research areas:
- Materials engineering: Advanced analytical science, photonics, innovative material science, and quantum technologies are all examples of materials engineering.
- Data and intelligence: Includes Artificial Intelligence, complexity, mathematical modeling, and information-systems engineering
- Health: Immunology and antimicrobial resistance, cancer, aging, reproductive health, and neuroscience
- Sustainability: Energy, circular economy, mobility, urban planning, material heritage, and water management are all examples of sustainability.
- Welfare and Inclusion: Inclusion and welfare include corporate management and finance, ethics, inequality, governance, law, and demography.
Main Application Material Deadline: 14 December 2023 (13:00 CET)
Full Research Proposal Deadline: 11 January 2024 (13:00 CET)
Finding a Host Research Group: 14 September-05 October 2023 (13:00 CET)
Interview Stage: 16-24 April 2024 (TBC)
Applicants Outcome: Mid May 2024
Acceptance of Fellowship Offers: By the end of May 2024
Fellowship Start: September 2024
Host Universities: Alliance Universities
Organizer: EUTOPIA European University
Scholarship Type: Fully Funded
Gender Eligible: Male/Female
Eligible Countries: All
Benefits of the EUTOPIA Science and Innovation Fellowships
EUTOPIA Science and Innovation Fellowships cover the following criteria:
- Two-year employment contract: Fellow will have a monthly average gross salary of 4349 € and a supplementary budget and travel expenses at one of the EUTOPIA universities as a Marie Sklodowska-Curie COFUND fellow
- Entire academic freedom: This budget helps you follow your research project in the EUTOPIA research centers and an inspiring interdisciplinary and international scholarly community.
- International and intersectoral mobility: Indorsement periods at the fellow’s co-host university and with an external secondment host, an international academic institution, or a non-academic partner provide global and intersectoral mobility. More than 45 enterprises, municipal governments, and non-profit organizations actively support the program, promoting innovation and entrepreneurship.
- Training Program: The extensive training program includes transferable skills development, academic leadership, and active career mentorship by senior academic supervisors.
- Attractive Environment: All EUTOPIA universities provide pleasing living circumstances and a good quality of life. Each university will actively assist fellows and their families with questions about mobility.
Eligibilities and Requirements
Applicants should meet the following criteria for the EUTOPIA Science and Innovation Fellowships:
- Candidates should be recognized researchers (stage 2 in the EURAXESS criteria)
- Be a PhD holder or equivalent of any nationality who meets the MSCA-COFUND mobility requirements.
- There are no prerequisites; however, candidates cannot hold a permanent employment position at the start of the fellowship.
- Applicants should be able to design their research projects freely.
- They must mention one or more of the program’s Key Research Areas to characterize their study.
- Applications in all disciplines related to the EUTOPIA-SIF Key Research Areas, including Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics, Social Sciences, and Humanities and Arts, are welcome.
- EUTOPIA-SIF fellows must not have resided or completed their major activity (job, studies, and more) for over 12 months in the three years preceding the call deadline.
Prepare and submit the following required documents in the application portal:
- Standardized CV
- Personal Statement of maximum two pages, Times New Roman font, and minimum size 11
- Choice of Key Research Areas
- Choice of hosting institutions and research groups
- Research Proposal with a short abstract (250 words max.)
- Suggestion of experts, indicating four experts to make an expert assessment of the fellowship proposal in the dedicated space on the submission platform
- Copy of PhD certificate in English or English translations
- Support Letter from at least one hosting research group
- Reference letters request
- Research experience declaration
How to Apply for EUTOPIA Science and Innovation Fellowships?
Applicants can submit a full application (and optional pre-application) to the EUTOPIA-SIF program ONLINE via the application platform linked below:
Please visit the official website of the EUTOPIA European University for detailed information about the EUTOPIA Science and Innovation Fellowships.
Check More Opportunities: