Opportunity ID 149878
Degree Non Degree Program/Certificate
Language Requirement Not Required
No. of Opportunity 2
Opportunity Type : Fully Funded
Language of Instruction EnglishJapanese
About the award
Applications are now open for the Global ESD Okayama Award 2022. Conducted by the Okayama City and ESD Okayama Award Steering Committee, the award recognizes outstanding ESD practices in local communities around the globe to support organizations that promote access to education by promoting ESD activities in local communities by unveiling their initiatives.
Deadline: 15 July 2022 (JST)
Awarding institution: Okayama City Steering Committee
Prizes: up to two for two award-winning projects
Award ceremony: 19 November 2022 (either in-person or online due to uncertain conditions)
Award value: 3,000 US$ for each winning project
One representative of the successful project will be invited to the award presentation ceremony in Okayama Japan and requested to deliver a presentation on the project.
- The award is open to organizations in all countries, including Japan, working to implement ESD activities in local communities to promote access to education and contribute to sustainable development.
- Submitted projects must be ongoing and operational for at least 2 years as of April 2022 (not be projects in the planning phase).
- Each organization can only submit one application.
- Organizations with previous winning projects cannot apply but applying with another project is eligible.
How to apply?
Applying organizations can download the application from the attachment below, fill it and send application documents by e-mail to the Secretariat.
ESD Okayama Award Secretariat (at Okayama City SDGs/ESD Promotion Division)
Please mention “ESD Okayama Award 2022 Application” in the subject line of your e-mail.
Please note that the data must be exactly 7 MB in size.
- ‘ESD Okayama Award 2022 Application Form in English or Japanese
- A video or slide show of your project (5 minutes or less)
- Other supporting documents (not more than 5 pages)
Vision: Outlining local issues for realizing a sustainable society with clear objectives.
Collaboration: a clear implementation structure with various collaborating stakeholders
(individuals and organizations).
Integration: The project integrates environmental, social, and economic dimensions.
Innovation: demonstrating innovative approaches and methods to promote ESD.
Implementation: demonstrate has a track record of activities and documentation including feedback and
evaluation of audiences and stakeholders.
Empowerment: taking educational approaches such as interactive methods for problem-solving and promoting actions to shape a sustainable future that lead to behavior change of individuals, including the transformation of values, attitudes and actions, and to the empowerment of local communities.
Future Strategy: to be expanded in the future and bring positive influences to other communities as well.
For questions concerning the application, you may contact:
ESD Okayama Award Secretariat, Okayama City, Japan 700-8544
Contact Person: Sachie Kumano (Ms.), Hirohisa Iwata (Mr.), Miwako Komoto (Ms.)
Please visit the official link for more information about the application components.