Language Requirement TOEFLIELTS
Fields of study All Graduate Programs At UH
Opportunity Type : Fully Funded
Duration Two Years
Language of Instruction English
Opportunity ID 830
If you are a graduate student from Asia, Southeast Asia, South Asia, East Asia, the Pacific, and the United States, you can apply for the East-West Center Graduate Degree Fellowship. the Fellowship is covering all the expenses to study your master’s degree or PhD at the University of Hawaii, in Mona. or You may want to apply for the Asian Development Bank Scholarship at East-West Center to study your master’s degree at the University of Hawaii.
Degree: masters/ doctoral degree
Institution: University of Hawaii
Deadline: December 1
This fellowship provides funding for masters and doctoral degrees.
- tuition fees and books
- partial funding for:
- health insurance and
- incidental expenses.
- Funding for field study and conference presentations
You must be from one of the following countries:
USA, countries in the Pacific and Asia including Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, India, Iran, Maldives, Nepal, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, China, Hong Kong, Japan, Macau, Mongolia, North Korea, South Korea, Russian, Taiwan, Brunei, Burma, Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, Timor-Leste, Vietnam
- You must have a 4-year bachelor’s degree.
- must have a minimum grade point average of 3.0 (4.0=A scale) in the last four semesters or six quarters of the bachelor.
- Have applied/or apply to a graduate program at the University of Hawaii by December 1.
EWC Graduate Degree Fellowships (GDF) support graduated study at the University of Hawai’i (UH).
You need to apply for admission to UH Manoa (UHM) graduate department simultaneously when you apply to the EWC.
Required documents should be sent to the East-West Center before December 1, 2020. supporting documents must be completed for both UH Application and East-west center by Jan 10, 2022
- Application form
- official transcripts
- Three letters of recommendation
- a cover letter,
- a resume
- essay responses regarding your long-range goals, biographical essay, your involvement in civic engagement and community service activity
- UH departmental statement of objectives for the academic programs to which you are applying
- TOEFL or IELTS if applicable
Read the Handbook of Application HERE.
For more information please visit the East-West Center Website
Read about TOP 10 Fellowships