Fields of study Economics
Opportunity Type : Fully Funded
Duration 3 Years
Language of Instruction English
About the Program:
Copenhagen Business School (CBS) has opened applications for Ph.D. scholarships and welcomes proposals in Economics from international students in all areas of economics. The three-year high quality and structured PhD scholarship program at CBS will allow students to do researches under the surveillance of CBS faculty members, supported by research training courses and a combination of compulsory and elective courses, too.
The Department is particularly focused on business-related and applied economic research activities and consists of three research centers: Center for Innovation (CFI), Pension Research Center (PeRCent), and Copenhagen School of Energy Infrastructure (CSEI).
The scholarship program highly international and the students are required to partake in international research conferences and also travel abroad as visiting professors on the one hand and to actively participate in the Department’s research activities on the other hand.
Application deadline: April 19, 2021
Host Institute: Copenhagen Business School (CBS)
In general, the scholarships are accepted in the following areas of economics:
- Macroeconomics, and
- Research Methodology
Further conditions of the scholarship
A PhD Scholarship at CBS continues for a period of 3 years which requires the scholars to teach for ½ year’s work (840 work hours). As the scholarships are fully salaried positions and scholars will teach as well, appointment and salary will be defined in coordination with the Danish Ministry of Finance and the Central Academic Organization.
Copenhagen Business School has a tremendous commitment to the excellence, uniqueness, and pertinence of its teaching and research programs. Candidates who wish to join CBS have to demonstrate enthusiasm for working in such an organization in the pertinent business, educational and dissemination activities.
Benefits It covers:
- Tuition fees
- Office space expense
- Travel allowance + salary and pension contribution amounting to 17,1% of the total base salary in the country’s currency or its equivalent
Necessary requirements for the program are as follows:
- Having basic training at the master’s level;
- Possessing an educational background in economics or a relevant field;
- Having successfully completed a master’s degree before beginning PhD program at CBS;
- Current master students will also be eligible for enrollment in the 4+4 type;
- Applicants must be fluent in English;
- Priority would be given to those demonstrating academic excellence and also have a high GPA from their universities;
Applicants can apply online for this scholarship at CBS.
The application package must consist of the followings:
- A five-page project description/ research proposal containing necessary components of academic and standard research in any area of economics;
- Copies of master’s degree certificates or other corresponding documents;
- A succinct curriculum vitae;
- List of applicant’s scholarly papers or/and publications published;
- One copy of the written work of the applicant (e.g. master’s thesis);
- Documentation/proof of English language skills and proficiency. GRE/GMAT documents would be encouraged (for submitting the GMAT scores refer to CBS in the GRE/GAMC register list and select the PhD program.
- An Assessment Committee will evaluate the shortlisting process of applicants and will notify the applicants of their status shortly after the application deadlines.
- Applicants chosen for assessment will be notified of their assessment result in the process and similarly notified of their final application result once the selection process is completed.
Note: The applications must be submitted electronically using the ‘apply now’ link below.
Remember that Copenhagen Business School must receive all application materials, including all appendices (as items listed above), by the application deadline.
Visit this website for more information about the Ph.D. program
More information and scholarship link
Visit other Ph.D. scholarships in Danmark:
- A*STAR National Science Scholarship (PhD) for International Students in Singapore
- Singapore International Pre-Graduate Award (SIPGA) for International Students
- Norah Simpson Postgraduate Scholarship 2021-22 in the United Kingdom
- King Abdulaziz University Bachelor, Masters and PhD Scholarships in Saudi Arabia [Fully-Funded]