Opportunity ID 9772
Opportunity Type : Fully Funded
CLIFF-GRADS is an initiative of the CGRIRA Research Program on Climate Change, Agriculture and Food Security (CCAFS) Low Emissions Developing Flagship and the Global Research Alliance on Agriculture Greenhouse Gases (GRA).
This program is provided for those applicants who are currently enrolled as the PhD student related to agricultural greenhouse gas quantification or mitigation in a university, and from one of the low-income countries and wish to perform research based on the mentioned topics. During the research the applicant’s knowledge and experience will be improved and supported financially.
Closing date: 30 September 2019
Duration: 4-6 months
Organization: Global Research Alliance and Climate Food and Farming
Research location: developing countries
Supportive government: New Zealand, USAID, CGIAR Trust Fund and CCAFS
Value of the scholarship: 10000-12000 Dollar
Note: the provided grant will cover the living and research costs.
- Must be registered for PhD in the related to the quantification of greenhouse gas emissions or carbon sequestration in the agricultural system
- Must be from one of the developing countries
- Find the research list here and select three of them
- Motivation letter, about 1-2 pages and must be contained the following information:
- Applicants name, residence country where applicants studied their degrees
- The objectives of your graduate research
- List of three research you prefer to be done
- Specify your qualifications for organizing and saving the greenhouse gas emissions from agriculture or soil carbon storage in agriculture systems and how this research opportunity can help you.
- Explain how the current research opportunity and its training can help you to improve your graduate research and contribute to your career.
- A CV including the applicant’s contact address
- Recommendation letter from the PhD supervisor of the current host university
Note: The whole documents must be in English and in PDF format.
- Applicants will be selected based on the research qualification
- The thesis topic or other research experience to the research opportunity to which the student is applying for has a high impact on the selection criteria.
- the clear description of CLIFF-Grads experience.
How to apply:
- Firstly, fill out the CLIFF-GRADS Student application online survey here
- Interested applicants can prepper their documents and send them to the firstname.lastname@example.org
For further information, please click here