Opportunity ID 12797
Language Requirement TOEFLIELTSHSK(Chinese)
Fields of study Engineering fields
Opportunity Type : Fully Funded
Language of Instruction EnglishChinese
The Chinese ministry of education offers a fully funded scholarships program of “Government Scholarship _Belt & Road Program, at Chinese universities to accept remarkable international students from Belt and Road Countries to pursue their Master‘s and Doctoral studies in Geospatial Information Technology, Software Engineering and Hydraulic Engineering Programs in China.
Wuhan University is one of the leading universities designated to run this program and to attract graduate students at Masters and Doctoral levels.
Application period: 1st January to March 31st, 2022
Levels of study: Master’s and PhD
Duration: Two-three years for Master and three-four years for doctoral students.
Mediums of Instruction: Chinese/English.
Fields of Study:
Programs Covered under Belt & Road Scholarship at Wuhan University
|Major||Degree||Language of Teaching||Discipline||School|
|Hydraulic Engineering||Master’s Degree/Doctor’s degree||Chinese/ English||Engineering||School of Water Resources and Hydropower Engineering|
|Software Engineering||Master’s Degree/Doctor’s degree||Chinese/ English||Engineering||School of Computer Science|
|Photogrammetry and Remote Sensing||Master’s Degree/Doctor’s degree||Chinese/ English||Engineering||State Key Laboratory of Information Engineering In Surveying, Mapping and Remote Sensing|
|Cartography and Geographical Information Engineering||Master’s Degree/Doctor’s degree||Chinese/ English||Engineering||State Key Laboratory of Information Engineering In Surveying, Mapping and Remote Sensing|
|Geodesy and Surveying Engineering||Master’s Degree/Doctor’s degree||Chinese/ English||Engineering||State Key Laboratory of Information Engineering In Surveying, Mapping and Remote Sensing|
Who are eligible?
- Full-time non-Chinese Master program applicants in good health condition.
- Applicants of master’s degrees should be lower than 35 years of age and should have a bachelor’s degree.
- Applicants who apply for a doctoral degree should be less than 40 years aged and have completed a master’s degree.
- Applicants of programs offered in Chinese should have at least an HSK level 4 certificate (Chinese Language Proficiency Test) at the time of application. Applicants meeting level 5 of HKS or above can directly apply to major studies and those who don’t meet level 5 of HSK can apply for a 1-year Chinese language training course(s) and then move on to their major study accordingly.
- Native Chinese-speaking applicants or those who can provide proof of studying at a previous Chinese institution having Chinese as a teaching language can apply for the HSK test waiver for further acceptance of Wuhan University.
- Applicants who wish to apply for programs taught in English have to provide English proficiency test scores, TOEFL requires 80 and IELTS5. For those who cannot present evidence of the aforementioned standard tests, can provide proof of studying at a previous institution having been taught in English, and additionally they will take an additional oral or written English test given by Wuhan University.
- Native English-speaking candidates can be exempted from showing the above English proficiency proofs.
- Applicants who do not receive other Scholarship as new students.
Benefits of Scholarship:
- Tuition fees and application fee waiver available;
- Free accommodation provided;
- Living grant: (PhD 3500 RMB/month, master’s 3000RMB/month);
- exclusive medical insurance;
- International travel costs: self-funded;
Note: Application submitted after the deadline will not be accepted. The Pre-admission Name List of the program will be released on the Wuhan University website by the end of May.
Notification of result
The final scholarship awardees will be announced by the end of July 2022, and the official admission document will be delivered accordingly.
- Firstly, submit your online application at the CSC Online Application System for International Students here. The Wuhan University’s code is 10486. Please select Program Category—”type B” which indicates the scholarship programs undertaken by Chinese universities under the Chinese Government Scholarship – Chinese University Program. Then, download and print a hard copy of the related Form.
- Secondly, register and submit your online application at Wuhan University Online Application System for International Students. Do not forget to choose funding source– Chinese Government Program, afterward, submit online the completed “Application Form for International Applicants of Wuhan University” and other necessary application documents as outlined below:
Required application documents
- Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarship (in Chinese or English).
- ‘Application Form for International Scholars and Students of Wuhan University’ (filled in Chinese or English).
- Officially signed and stamped diploma and degree transcripts (the original and copy of each one). Those, at both levels, who have not received their diploma yet should submit a formal pre-graduation certificate and transcript issued by their current institution. Documents that are not in English or Chinese should have been translated into Chinese or English.
- Study plan (written in English or Chinese; 800 words).
- Two recommendation letters either from university professors, in Chinese or English.
- Scanned copy of reliable Passport (containing personal information page, the validity of Passport has to be at least until Dec. 31th, 2021)
- Photocopy of Foreigner Physical Examination Form, filled out in English or Chinese, found here. The Physical examinations must have all the items mentioned in the Form.
- admission letter from the professor of Wuhan University (if accessible).
- no application fee for the application to this Scholarship therefore applications should be directly referred to Wuhan University
- An incomplete application document or inaccurate Wuhan University code information will not be acceptable. Please assure yourself that accurate and complete information is provided.
- Applicants do not need to send us hard copies of application documents. Only those applicants who have passed the primary assessment of the university and are informed by our email notice around May 10th need to submit us all application documents.
- If you have any confusion about the application, please refer to main link for the FAQs.
- For updates on your application status, please go to our website for the latest information.
- The Scholarship will not be available if the recipient cannot register at Wuhan University before the registration deadline.
Official Scholarship link