Degree Non Degree Program/Certificate
Language Requirement Not Required
No. of Opportunity 1
Opportunity Type : Fully Funded
Duration One Year
Language of Instruction English
Opportunity ID 100597
About UN Volunteer:
The United Nations Volunteers (UNV) programme is the UN organization that is mandated to promote volunteerism to uphold peace and development worldwide. Volunteerism can evolve the pace and essence of development and it benefits both society at large and the individual volunteer.
Hiring institution: UN Volunteer
Host Institution: United Nations Children’s Fund
Duty Station: Kabul Afghanistan
No of Volunteer: 1
Language Required: English
Starting Date: Immediate
Duration: 12 months (extendable)
Application Deadline: January 20, 2021
UN Volunteer is looking for a Child Protection Officer as a National Specialist who will be based at the UNICEF Office in Kabul. You are eligible and interested in working with the UN, apply for this.
Under the direct observation of Child Protection Specialist, the UN Volunteer will perfor the following tasks:
- Support to program development and planning
- Participate across the process of planning and preparation to provide inputs and support to Child Protection Programmes using results-based planning methodology (RBM).
- Help in preparation of pertinent documentations for program review and approval.
- Program monitoring and delivery of results
- Partake in monitoring and evaluation exercises, program mid-year and end-year reviews with government and counterparts to assess progress and to determine required actions.
- Provide support to monitor Child Protection programs through monthly data collection and analysis on key child protection indicators (SMQs and RAM) using national surveys, current research, program reports, field visit reports, etc.
- Technical and operational support to program implementation
- Facilitate and organize program meetings including program development and planning, support to administrative tasks as required.
- Help with the drafting of relevant meeting minutes, briefs, power points, and other strategic program materials for management use, information, and dissemination.
- Knowledge Management
- Assist with the development of the Child Protection Section designated page and related folders on the UNICEF Enterprise Management System.
- Assists in compiling contributions to the UNICEF HQ and ROSA E-bulletins and other requests for submissions.
- Innovation and knowledge management
- Help in the distribution of U Report within the Child Protection Programme.
Applicants should be at least 22 years old and be nationals of Afghanistan.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in anthropology, Social Sciences, Psychology, Social Work, Sociology, Education, or another Human Development related field, and an advanced university degree in a relevant field is mandatory.
- 24 months of experience is mandatory.
3. Experience Remarks & Skills
- Robust competency in Information Technology and use of Microsoft Office, especially using programs for data management, infographics, intranet etc is required.
- Professional work experience at national level in the field of child rights and/or knowledge management is compulsory. Experience in Child Protection is a strong advantage, with additional emphasis on working with and for young people, program guidance, technical support, information management.
- Sound interpersonal, networking and communication skills;
- Readiness to contribute and work as part of a team;
- Fluency in spoken and written English and local languages is required;
- Previous experience as a volunteer and/or experience of another culture, (i.e. studies, volunteer work, internship) would be highly considered;
- Computer skills (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, social media, and others).
- Planning and Organizing
- Respect for Diversity
- Working in Teams
How to apply?
Applicants can apply online by creating an account, filling in the application form and submitting it through UN Volunteer’s portal.
For more information regarding the volunteer’s responsibilities, please visit the UNV website.