Degree Non Degree Program/Certificate
Language Requirement Not Required
Fields of study Arts And Culture
Opportunity Type : Partially Funded
Duration 3 8 Weeks
Language of Instruction English
About the program
Arquetopia Foundation provides Art History or Cultural Research Residency for artists in Puebla Mexico and is now seeking applications for 2021, 2022, and 2023.
This wide-ranging, unique and mentored residency program offers competitive professional opportunities for early- and mid-career, national and international artists and researchers.
Furthermore, this is a non-instructional, non-production-based residency program involving individual mentoring provided by the foundation’s directorial and curatorial staff for tailored research assistance/resources, project guidance, and critique. Also, participants of this program work independently on-site and in the foundation’s spaces.
Application deadline for all dates in 2021, 2022 and 2023: 27 June 2021
Organizing institution: Arquetopia Foundation
Location: PUEBLA, MEXICO
Residency duration: Flexible sessions of 3 to 8 weeks (dates are not predetermined but chosen by the candidate)
The artist residency program includes:
- Each resident artist meeting weekly with the directorial and curatorial members for personalized mentoring, research assistance/resources, project direction, and assessment.
Accommodation & foods:
- Equipped, private bedroom
- Meals and 24-hour access to the equipped kitchen and large dining room
- Wireless Internet
- Use of Arquetopia’s residency spaces including 4th-floor lounge and outdoor terraces
- Shared bathrooms with modern features and showers
Studio Workspace (Puebla, Oaxaca and Cusco):
- Personal workspace with table and space provided
Applications from emerging and mid-career artists, designers, photographers, curators, art historians, writers, & researchers are welcome.
For preference, applications are assessed for selection as they are received (not held until the closing date).
How to apply?
Application is online and applicants may submit their complete application online at the following link.
You may complete the application in English or Español.
Note: get in touch with [email protected] for program tuition info and specific application deadlines for this program.
To submit your application, complete the steps below:
#1: Send a brief, introductory e-mail to [email protected] containing all of the following:
A. Your current CV.
B. Artists, photographers, and designers: should attach five (5) sample images of your works (JPEG, PNG, or PDF format, 72 dpi, maximum 2 MB each file) and a brief statement verifying that all works are your own original work.
- Curators, art historians, writers, and researchers: affix five (5) sample texts of their works (3 pages each excerpt) and a brief statement attesting that all works are their own original production.
#2. Submit your donation of US $35.00 via the orange “DONATE NOW” button on the right side of this page.
#3. Submit your completed Arquetopia Artist-in-Residence Online Application (below).
For questions about the program, contact at [email protected].
Go to the official link for more information.